Szweiner:
They do have some advanced noise cancellation technology built in, via a switch on the back.
Bleeding Edge TV 215: Beats by Dr. Dre Private Listening Session and Impressions January 17, 2008
Szweiner:
They do have some advanced noise cancellation technology built in, via a switch on the back.
Bleeding Edge TV 215: Beats by Dr. Dre Private Listening Session and Impressions January 17, 2008
A Shure drum microphone kit, a Westin Heavenly Bed feather/down pillow, $100 gift card, McSweeney’s issues 1-3 (not 1st eds though, but still awesome) and a bunch of other awesome. Woooo.
Okay - what did you get?! December 25, 2007
Candy bar is actually the accepted nomenclature and not just a Sony Ericsson term. (See: LG’s Chocolate.)
Just sayin’. :-)
Sony Ericsson Unveils New Line of Phones February 12, 2007
You know, if the box could play Pandora or Rhapsody over Wifi OR EDGE alternatively (read: was a music-playing cell phone), I’d consider it. Instead, a device that relies on your having access to an unencumbered wifi access point in order to stream whatever internet radio is active at the moment just seems pointless.
Chances are, you won’t get too many chances to use it away from your base, and in that case, your standard MP3 player could easily replicate something similar.
*shrug*
CES 2007: InFusion Pointless Portable Internet Radio Device January 7, 2007
Careful now, only the 60GB has the USB Host feature. :-)
Creative Drops Price On 30GB Zen Vision:M PMP September 20, 2006
Take this on through the carry-on security gate at the airport, and they’ll LOVE you for it, I’m sure.
Better yet, pull it out of a large duffel, with the numbers counting down.
Project WMD Case Mod May 24, 2006
You know, I was especially unimpressed by the fact that there are only 15 hours of gameplay available.
This reminded me of Freespace but more sluggish, harder to turn and shorter on the campaign side. Mleh.
Star Trek Legacy Impressions May 16, 2006
Very sad news for your, Mike.
I didn’t shoot any video of my hands on time with the N80—it wasn’t production ready, and still had some pretty BIG bugs that they weren’t ready to show off.
The phone is amazing, with Wi-Fi and a 3MP, although no Carl Zeiss optics. Its dedicated shutter button was good times, and it orients itself in landscape mode automatically for pictures.
Very exciting little tool, but sorry, no video.
Live From CES: Digital Experience, Nokia N80 & More January 27, 2006
Also, it should be mentioned that this isn’t the final release of the remote—they mentioned that they may change some basic aesthetics, but nothing major.
TiVo Series 3 Remote Control Images January 21, 2006
Am I the only one who thinks perhaps I should become a hand model? :-)
The five-button disc was certainly more intuitive than I would have thought, after several years of using the old version.
TiVo Series 3 Remote Control Images January 21, 2006
Not only that, but it helps if you’re able to analyze a piece of news and look at it practically. Boil things down to the meat of the entry, get across the important points, and be able to recognize when something hasn’t been done before.
But Doug’s point should not at all be taken lightly.
Just sayin’. :-)
We Want To Fill Your PayPal Account (Or, We Are Looking For Writers) January 19, 2006
Personally, I hit the login screen in about that time. (As I should with an AMD 64 x2 4400+ and 2 GB of RAM…)
But for some of my many startup programs to launch, it’s still a bit of a mess.
Boot XP Straight to the Desktop Without Logging In (And Keep It Passworded!) January 15, 2006
I like that our interview is causing so much speculation and discussion. It should be noted that there were a few questions I asked on the video that I had already received answers to from a separate TiVo rep before going on camera.
They were:
A) Series 3’s shipping capacity. (On video, this is incorrect, but Pony corrected himself after we shot.)
B) If you could (stupidly) downscale an HD recording to “basic” quality or some such. I was told yes, even though that made little sense, and didn’t think to confirm or deny before asking on camera. Pony’s answer is correct.
C) Who will be manufacturing the new TiVo? The person I spoke to before Pony said they would be manufactured <em>by TiVo</em>. That’s the reason I asked about the manufacturers on camera.
All your talk about Google acquiring TiVo is nothing new, and frankly, I’d welcome it. So long as Google knew what they were doing (and they usually do) as far as ad-placement and annoyance levels are concerned, it could bring some great features and low cost points to the model. (Think, no more monthly fees, if you opt-in to slightly more aggressive ads?)
Meanwhile, TiVo’s recent inclusion of much partnered-with-Yahoo content shouldn’t be ignored… You can bet that TiVo would have to Ctrl+Z all that Yahoo stuff we’re seeing on our boxes if Google up and bought them…
Time will tell, I suppose…
CES 2006 Video: TiVo Series 3 Video Interview, First Look January 12, 2006
Software is really not the focus of CES. Microsoft has to push Vista because of how tightly it integrates with all the major hardware vendors and simply because it’s what they do. There were a *few* web/software companies (eBay, Google and some antivirus stuff, etc.), but no open source applications that I can even think of, if for no other reason than because of how expensive exhibiting at CES is.
Live From CES: Hands On With Vista—Vista By The Numbers, A Developer Tells All January 9, 2006
I’m sure they have some of the same features, but no mini-micro stereos I’m aware of have 7 days of alarms, which is the primary feature this clock offers. Further, sound quality is much of a concern to whom in the earliest waking hours?
Also, most stereos are, well, stereos. You don’t want them on your bedside and they tend to cost more than $35.
Neverlate 7-Day Alarm Clock Review December 30, 2005