Michael Jackson’s Burial Delayed by Money Row

Posted by Andru Edwards Categories: Music, Obituaries,

Michael Jackson's funeral

Michael Jackson's burial was delayed for three months in a row over money. The "Thriller" singer died in June 2009 from acute Propofol intoxication but wasn't laid to rest in the Great Mausoleum at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Los Angeles until September 3 because his sister Janet Jackson paid a $40,000 deposit to secure the spot but wouldn't let the burial go ahead until she was paid back.

In his new book Untouchable: The Strange Life and Tragic Death of Michael Jackson, author Randall Sullivan writes, "Michael's burial had been delayed by wrangling between Janet and the estate, on the one hand and Janet and her family on the other hand. As the only living Jackson with money of her own, Janet had put up the $40,000 deposit at Forest Lawn to secure the burial spot for Michael in the marble Sanctuary of the Ascension. She had refused to let the funeral take place until the money was repaid."

Click to continue reading Michael Jackson’s Burial Delayed by Money Row


Advertisement

Janet Jackson Planning $20 Million Wedding

Posted by Andru Edwards Categories: Music, Weddings, Rumors,

Wissam al Mana and Janet Jackson

Janet Jackson and her fiance Wissam al Mana are reportedly planning a $20 million wedding. The couple hope to tie the knot in Doha in Qatar where the billionaire was born and are making arrangements for the ceremony to take place in 2013.

According to an insider the wedding will be "one of the biggest, most memorable extravaganzas in recent histor." The source added to National Enquirer, "They have tentatively set a late 2013 wedding date. But they are still working out the details and the exact day."

Click to continue reading Janet Jackson Planning $20 Million Wedding


Katherine Jackson Refuses to Speak to Her Kids

Posted by Andru Edwards Categories: Music, Child Stars, Legal Issues, Rumors,

Katherine Jackson

Katherine Jackson isn't talking to three of her children.

The showbiz matriarch - who temporarily lost custody of late son Michael's kids Prince, 15, Paris, 14, and Blanket, 10, when she made an unexpected trip to a spa in Arizona - is unwilling to meet with Janet, Randy and Rebbie Jackson because she believes they misled her and didn't tell her that her grandchildren had been trying to contact her during her stint away from California. The siblings are reportedly banned from entering the home in Calabasas where Katherine lives with her grandchildren because they are at war with the executors of Michael's estate - which pays for the property - but their mother is said to be "heartbroken" over their recent behavior and doesn't want to see them.

Click to continue reading Katherine Jackson Refuses to Speak to Her Kids


Conrad Murray: Ordered to Stand Trial for Michael Jackson Manslaughter

Posted by K.C. Morgan Categories: Music, Child Stars, Legal Issues,

His legal defense seemed a little shaky from the word go.

Dr. Conrad Murray, the physician who cared for pop star Michael Jackson during the singer’s final days, has been ordered to stand trial for involuntary manslaughter. Murray claimed that Jackson injected himself with a lethal dose of Propofol, but the judge has ruled that Murray's case will continue.

Meanwhile, Murray has been stripped of his medical license. Members of the Jackson family (Katherine, Janet, La Toya, Jackie, Jermaine and Marlon) were present during last week’s hearing, which ended in the current ruling. “I’m happy so far,” said La Toya of the events.

Testimony in the hearing took six days, where more than 20 witnesses were heard for the prosecution. No witnesses were called for the defense during the hearing.

Click to continue reading Conrad Murray: Ordered to Stand Trial for Michael Jackson Manslaughter

Read More | E! Online

Janet Jackson Finds Nothing Wrong With Boy Toys

Janet Jackson on the cover of Essence says there is nothing wrong with dating younger men. The 44-year-old singer-and-actress says it’s her prerogative if she wants to go out with younger guys and insists an age gap shouldn’t get in the way of love.

Janet has recently been linked to millionaire businessman Wissam Al Mana who is almost a decade younger than her.

“It’s horrible. It’s really awful. And I have to believe it was a man that started that. Mother always raised us to believe that age was just a number. All of us - my sisters, my brothers - we’ll just tell you our ages because it’s all about where you are mentally and how you feel about yourself,” Janet said, speaking about the criticism that comes with having a toy boy.

Janet, who is the youngest of the Jackson family, believes she is more confident now than ever before. The star - who was in a seven-year relationship with music producer Jermaine Dupri - added in an interview with Essence magazine, “There comes a time when you don’t give an ‘F’ what people say or think. You just do your thing because it’s finally about you and not in a selfish way but in a great way.”


Janet Jackson Broke Down Before VMA Performance

Posted by Andru Edwards Categories: Music, Television, Meltdowns,

Janet Jackson at this year's VMAsJanet Jackson said the realization of her brother Michael’s passing only hit her three months after his death.

The “Make Me” singer said she had avoided everything that could remind her of her brother after he suddenly passed away in June, until she was about to perform at the MTV Video Music Awards in September, when she saw a huge picture in tribute to him.

Janet, 43, said, “It hit me before I was about to do the performance, and it hit me when we were in rehearsal. There was a huge image of him on this screen, and I started to cry. I had to step away.”

She also said that she is continuing to come to terms with the singer’s death, of acute intoxication by the anesthetic Propofol, but that she feels in future things will get easier.

She added, “You know, a day doesn’t go by where you don’t think about him. It’s always there, in every sense. “But it will get better. It’s not easy, but I know with time it will get easier. But it will never be easy. It’s my brother.”


Janet Jackson Cancels String of Concerts Due to Illness

Posted by Veronica Santiago Categories: Music,

Janet Jackson in concert

UPDATE: Janet’s tour will reportedly resume this Saturday.

An undisclosed illness has now caused to cancel a total of 6 concert dates in less than two weeks.

Last Sunday, the singer fell suddenly ill during a sound check in Montreal. After a brief hospitalization, stops in Boston and Philadelphia were called off.

Although Janet was preparing to resume her tour on this weekend, Jackson’s doctor advised the 42-year-old to take more time to recuperate. In addition to Saturday’s gig in Greensboro, N.C., Sunday’s concert in Atlanta and Tuesday’s date in Fort Lauderdale were also postponed.

Click to continue reading Janet Jackson Cancels String of Concerts Due to Illness

Read More |

E! Online


Advertisement