Yes - we're giving away a Jawbone Mini Jambox, Otterbox Defender for iPhone 5 and 5s, and a Sonix Heart to Heart Inlay for iPhone 5c for Valentine's Day! Seriously, February is the month of red, and we've got the perfect smartphone accessories for you to match, thanks to our friends at AT&T.
So, how do you enter to win the Mini Jambox giveaway package? Simply use the widget below to keep track of your entries! We've got a lot of ways for you to enter, but don't check off any that you don't actually perform. If you do, you'll be eliminated:
By the way, if you wanna pick up any of these items on your own, you can find them all at AT&T:
I've got a lot of love for Mophie and its line of Juice Pack and Powerstation charging devices for smartphones, tablets, and pretty much anything that charges over USB. I've owned them since the original was released for the iPhone 3G way back when. Now, the company is looking to expand into new territory with the Mophie Space Pack. The Space Pack is a battery case for the iPhone that also incorporates built-in storage, allowing users of the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s expand the overall storage capacity of their devices. Available soon in 16GB and 32GB variants, users will be able to store any type of file on the Space Pack, including iTunes content, photos, and videos, all managed through the Mophie Space app. The 16GB model will sell for $149, while the 32GB version will be $179. Both are available for pre-order today, and begin shipping on March 14, 2014.
Check out a video demo of how it works after the break.
Sure, we've given you a list of our top 10 most popular stories of 2013, but we figured we'd go a bit more broad than that. We also thought it would be interesting to give you a look at the top ten most read stories on this site this year, period, regardless of what year they were posted. We must say, we're just as surprised as you are at what did (and didn't) make the list! For example, you guys seem to really like Apple. Here we go:
- Sleeptracker Watch review: This one focuses on a watch that tracks your sleep data and aims to wake you up when you are in your lightest phase of sleep. The result is that you wake up feeling more rested, and more refreshed.
- Flash on iPhone is just around the corner: This five-year-old article made it's way back after being linked to by John Gruber of Daring Fireball. Since then we've learned that just because it's in testing behind closed doors, doesn't mean that it's going to make it's way to public release. Also, John, why couldn't you have linked to when we broke what was the biggest Apple software leak of the decade?
- Mod your Xbox without a mod chip: This is an all-time favorite of our readers. It dropped out of the top 10 last year, but has reappeared for 2013.
- Apparently that Xbox 360 Red Ring of Doom issue hasn't been fixed
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks Developer Preview 3 now available
- How To Mod Your iPhone on Windows Using iBrickr
- Apple releases iOS 7 beta 2 with iPad support: iOS 7 beta 1 supported the iPhone and iPod touch only. When beta 2 arrived with iPad support, many were excited.
- TiVo out-of-home remote streaming arrives on Roamio Plus, Roamio Pro DVRs: We'd been waiting for this feature for a long, long time, and it is finally here.
- Exclusive details on the next Nike+ FuelBand: We got exclusive details on the new Nike+ FuelBand months before its release.
- iPhone 5s review: Our review of Apple's flagship smartphone for 2013.
We've also compiled a list of the stories that have dropped out of the top ten between 2012 and 2013, which you can check out after the jump, and don't miss the ten most popular Gear Live videos of 2013 either!
Lighter and thinner than previous generations, the Mophie Juice Pack Air is teeming with more power to make sure your phone keeps up with your busy life, and it's our next pick in our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide. Get up to 100% extra battery with the flip of a switch and stay fully charged. Protected in its streamlined, 1,700 mAh battery case, your iPhone 5 or 5s is ready to take on the day—and the late nights.
You can pick up the Mophie Juice Pack Air now from Amazon for $99.99.
Read More | Mophie Juice Pack Air
Alongside all the major news coming out of today's Apple iPad event, the company has also released an iOS update. iOS 7.0.3 bring a few new features to the platform, like iCloud Keychain, which works alongside the same feature in OS X Mavericks (which was also released today on the Mac App Store) to keep your account names, passwords, and credit cards synced across your devices, while protecting them with your Apple ID. Here is a rundown of all the changes in iOS 7.0.3:
- Adds iCloud Keychain to keep track of your on account names passwords and credit card numbers across all your devices
- Adds Password Generator so Safari can suggest unique hard to guess passwords for your online accounts
- Updates lock screen to delay display of "slide to unlock" went Touch ID is in use
- Adds back the ability to search the web and Wikipedia from Spotlight search
- Fixes an issue where iMessage failed to send for some users
- Fixes a bug that could prevent iMessage from activating
- Improves system stability when using iWork apps
- Fixes an accelerometer calibration issue
- Address is an issue that could cause Siri and VoiceOver to use a lower quality voice
- Fixes a bug that could allow someone to bypass the lock screen passcode
- Enhances the Reduce Motion setting to minimize both motion and animation
- Fix is an issue that could cause VoiceOver input to be too sensitive
- Updates the Bold Text setting to also change dial pad text
- Fix is an issue that could cause supervise devices to become unsupervised when updating software
You should be able to check the Software Update area on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to grab the update now.
The Fitbit Force is a new fitness tracking wristband from the company that started this whole quantified self fitness gadget craze. About half a year ago, Fitbit launched its first fitness tracking wristband, the Flex, which was a little feature-barren when compared to its other offerings. The Force changes that, as it does everything that any other Fitbit can do, plus more. That means that it will keep track of your steps, distance traveled, how many minutes you were active, how many floors you've climbed, how well (and how long) you are sleeping, and even call notifications from your iPhone, as long as yo are running iOS 7 on an iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, or iPhone 5s--that last feature will be introduced soon through a software update.
The Fitbit Force should last for about 7-10 days on a charge, thanks to its Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy profile and low-powered OLED display. You can order it now in one of two colors (black and slate blue) for $129.95.
Read More | Fitbit Force
Apple has announced that it's iWork suite for iOS devices will be free with the purchase of a new device going forward as announced at this morning's iPhone 5S event. This means that Pages, Keynote, Numbers, iPhoto, and iMovie will all be downloadable for free to those who purchase a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. To give you an idea of what you are saving, that is $39.95 worth of apps that Apple now gives new buyers for free to all iOS 7-compatible devices activated after September 1, 2013, including current devices, as well as the new iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S.
Apple will release iOS 7 on September 18th, as announced at this mornings iPhone 5S event. iOS 7 brings an all-new design language to Apple's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices, along with a bunch of new features that include the new Control Center, revamped Notification Center, iTunes Radio, and more.
It's widely expected that Apple will take the stage on September 10th to announce its fall smartphone update, including the iPhone 5S and lower-priced iPhone 5C. The iPhone 5S is expected to be available in a new champagne gold color, and we gave you a look at what the gold iPhone 5S should look like. Now, a video has surfaced that shows a black iPhone 5 alongside the rear shell of the white & gold iPhone 5S.
Additionally, a blue iPhone 5C rear casing is also compared, giving us a look at what Apple's iPhone for the budget-minded will look like when it launches next month. All signs are pointing to a September 20th release for Apple's updated fall smartphone line-up.
We give you a behind-the-scenes look at Poppy, a device that turns your iPhone into a 3D video camera, 3D image taker, and 3D viewer. We chat with the co-creators, Joe Heitzberg and Ethan Lowry about what it took to make Poppy, the inspiration behind it, how it works, and how you can get your hands on one through Kickstarter in this episode!
Don't forget to subscribe to Gear Live's YouTube channel!
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.