Tuesday December 9, 2008 11:40 pm
24 Hour Fitness Launches bodybugg Upgrade, Now Mac Compatible
If you’re a fan of the hit NBC reality series, “The Biggest Loser,” you’ve no doubt noticed that contestants wear a device called a bodybugg on the back of their right arm. The bodybugg is a biometric calorie management system available through 24 Hour Fitness, which uses four sensors to convert measurements of galvanic skin response, physical activity, and body temperature into a real-time measurement of calories burned throughout the day. Users wear the compact armband, which easily fits under clothing, over the triceps on their upper left arm - allowing you to take it everywhere you go.
According to the release, “No matter what activity a user is doing – washing dishes, playing with the kids or working out – the bodybugg calculates the amount of energy expended in each motion. Users then download their captured bodybugg data to a Web interface that tracks caloric measurements and helps them monitor their food intake and activity levels as they seek to achieve their fitness goals. The Web interface includes customized menus and a database of thousands of common foods to make calorie-tracking simple.”
Upgraded features of the new bodybugg system include:
- New sleek, contemporary look and 50% smaller size
- USB cable to upload data and charge the device
- Now both PC and Mac compatible
- A free six-month (previously only three-month) online subscription to the www.bodybugg.com Web interface for tracking progress and success.
The basic principle behind weight loss is simple: you just need to burn more calories than you take in; combining the bodybugg with it’s online services and adjusting your own personal choices based on its recommendations, weight loss may just become a little easier. Watch for a review in the near-future.
Read More | MarketWatch
- Related Tags:
- 24 hour fitness, biometrics, body bug, body bugg, bodybug, bodybugg, bodybugg armband, bodymedia, calorie management, calorie tracking, exercise, fitness, gowear fit, lifestyle management, mac, nbc, pc, reality tv, television, the biggest loser, tv, usb
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.