Shia LaBeouf Continues to Slam Big Studio System
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: Independent, Celebrity Gossip, Celebrity Controversy,
Transformers star Shia LaBeouf has denounced the Hollywood studio system.
Explaining his efforts to steer his career towards more independent films, LaBeouf - who is set to star in the upcoming Lars Von Trier film Nymphomaniac - has slammed what he believes is an inability to be creative in the big-budgeted film environment.
"There's no room for being a visionary in the studio system. It literally cannot exist. You give Terrence Malick a movie like Transformers, and he's f****d. There's no way for him to exist in that world," he said.
LaBeouf did admit, however, to regretting his negative comments on Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (which prompted his co-star Harrison ford to call him an idiot): "He [Steven Spielberg] told me there's a time to be a human being and have an opinion, and there's a time to sell cars. It brought me freedom, but it also killed my spirits because this was a dude I looked up to like a sensei."
Read More
| The Hollywood Reporter
Advertisement
Michael Bay Tells Ninja Turtles Fans to ‘Chill’
Posted by Andru Edwards Categories: Action, Adaptation, Classics, Family, Remakes, Science Fiction, Celebrity Controversy, Rumors, Scripts, Upcoming Releases,
.jpg)
Michael Bay has called for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fans to "chill."
The filmmaker caused outrage when he recently claimed that the reboot of the project which he will be producing will show the main characters Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo and Raphael as members of an "alien race," but after vocal opposition from fans he has tried to allay the public's fears.
"Fans need to take a breath, and chill. They have not read the script. Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story. Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world. Michael," he wrote on the forum of his site.
Click to continue reading Michael Bay Tells Ninja Turtles Fans to ‘Chill’
Hangover Trailer Pulled From Theaters
Posted by K.C. Morgan Categories: Warner Bros, Sequels, Comedy, New Releases, Trailers, Videos,
The Hangover: Part II probably isn’t the best movie for your niece, age 7... but the trailer for it is supposed to be. Pressure from the Motion Picture Association of America has forced Warner Bros. to pull their raunchy, monkey-infused trailer for the flick from movie houses. You can see the controversial trailer in the video above.
The objectional bit of the trailer is part of a scene featuring Zach Galifianakis, Bradley Cooper and Ed Helms together with a monkey and an elderly gent. Alan (Galifianakis) sticks a water bottle in the pants of the elderly gent, and the monkey… well, you can watch it above.
Expect a new trailer in theaters by April 15.
Read More
| E! Online
Mel Gibson Loses His Hangover (Role)
Posted by Veronica Santiago Categories: Warner Bros, Sequels, Comedy, Casting, Celeb News, Celebrity Gossip, Celebrity Controversy, Upcoming Releases,

It appears Hollywood is not yet ready to forgive and forget when it comes to Mel Gibson.
Earlier this week, we wondered whether audiences would welcome a cameo from Mel in The Hangover Part II. Unfortunately, we'll never know the answer.
Although someone had tapped the Oscar winner to play a tattoo artist in the comedy, the casting decision was not embraced by all those involved. On Thursday, Warner Bros. issued a press releasing announcing Gibson's dismissal from the project.
Click to continue reading Mel Gibson Loses His Hangover (Role)
Read More
| Hollywood Reporter
Mel Gibson Film Sparks Protests in Mexico
Posted by Andru Edwards Categories: Drama, Celebrity Controversy, Filmmaking, Upcoming Releases,
Mel Gibson‘s new film has sparked protests in Mexico.
The 54-year-old actor has caused controversy over scenes being shot at the Ignacio Allende prison in the eastern state of Veracruz. The project - believed to be How I Spent My Summer Vacation - forced 214 inmates to be sent to at least four other detention centers in the country to accommodate the set.
The prisoners were escorted from the jail - which usually houses 1,000 convicts - by police and soldiers between midnight on Friday until roughly 3:00 am on Saturday morning last weekend. Those transported during the operation have been held on murder, robbery, drug trafficking, kidnapping and other serious charges.
Click to continue reading Mel Gibson Film Sparks Protests in Mexico
Harvey Weinstein Slightly Justifies A Single Man Marketing
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: Weinstein Company, Adaptation, Drama, Period, Romance, Celeb News, Celebrity Gossip, Celebrity Controversy, Distribution, Rumors, Upcoming Releases,

When the original movie poster (above) for Tom Ford’s directorial debut, A Single Man, appeared online, fans questioned whether or not distributors The Weinstein Company was downplaying the major gay theme of the film.
In the film, Colin Firth plays a closeted professor who mourns over his lover’s (Matthew Goode) death. Judging by the poster of Firth in bed with Julianne Moore (whose screen time is rumored to be fairly short), I think it’s safe to say that there was little intention to illustrate said storyline.
Upon the recent release of the film’s second poster (seen after the jump), Harvey Weinstein was questioned about the marketing that seems to say something other than the real message at hand.
Click to continue reading Harvey Weinstein Slightly Justifies A Single Man Marketing
Read More
| New York Magazine
Jamie Foxx Slams Roman Polanski
Posted by Andru Edwards Categories: Action, Drama, Celeb News, Celebrity Gossip, Celebrity Controversy, Upcoming Releases,
Jamie Foxx says Roman Polanski would “be missing” if he had touched his daughter.
The Law Abiding Citizen actor has spoke out against the film director—who is currently facing extradition to the US after he fled the country in 1978 when he was convicted of having sex with a 13-year-old girl—insisting that he wouldn’t hesitate to take the law into his own hands if his child was in danger.
“If it had been my daughter who was barely a teenager—my daughter is 15—Roman Polanski would be missing… period. It wouldn’t even get to the court case. But, that’s me and I wouldn’t want anyone else to follow that because you should let the justice system work it out. On the other hand, I don’t know Roman Polanski, but maybe if I had a relationship with him my answer would be different. I just think this whole issue is bigger than Roman Polanski.”
Jamie, 41, admits he has no idea how far he would go to seek retribution if someone hurt his loved ones: “Revenge is a tough thing. When it comes to someone bringing harm to your family, it’s hard to think about turning the other cheek. Some of things I’ve said I’d do to sexual perpetrators were pretty graphic. But I also read some stories of people taking the law into their own hands, which is bad too. So it’s tough to know how far you’d go.”
Lone Transformers Crew Member Defends Megan Fox
Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: Celebrity Gossip, Celebrity Controversy, Corporate Shakeups, Rumors,
Apparently there are people who love Megan Fox!
Shortly after a trio of anonymous Transformers workers blasted Megan over her comments made about director Michael Bay, a lone production assistant named Anthony Steinhart has thrown his hat into the fiery ring.
Considering that IMDB exists, it isn’t hard to figure out who the anonymous Megan-haters are—Steinhart just wants to clear his name for the record.
Check out his letter, in full, after the jump.
Click to continue reading Lone Transformers Crew Member Defends Megan Fox
Read More
| Just Jared
Transformers Crew Fires Back at Classless Megan Fox
Posted by Veronica Santiago Categories: Celeb News, Celebrity Gossip, Celebrity Controversy, Rumors,

UPDATE: Transformers production assistant defends Megan Fox in a new letter.
Megan Fox might not think highly of Michael Bay, but there are several who don’t exactly care for her either.
Earlier this month, the Transformers actress stirred up controversy when comments she made about Bay spread across the internet. In an interview with Wonderland magazine, Fox compared the director to Napoleon and said the “awkward” hit maker was “a nightmare to work for.”
Now other (anonymous) crew members are speaking out about the “unbearable” hours spent watching “Ms. Sourpants” trying to act on set. You can read a scathing letter (which was once posted on Michael’s own website) in full after the jump. A personal note from Bay will also follow.
Click to continue reading Transformers Crew Fires Back at Classless Megan Fox
Read More
| Deadline
Gay Community Split Over Baron’s Bruno
Posted by K.C. Morgan Categories: Universal, Satire, Comedy, Celeb News, Celebrity Gossip, New Releases,

Apparently, lightning does strike twice. At least, this seems to be the case for Sacha Baron Cohen. After gaining plenty of attention (and revenue) with Borat, Cohen turned homosexuality on its ear with his flamboyant character Bruno. The film is number one at the box office and already getting more press than you can shake a stick at, but that doesn’t mean he’s got the full support of the gay community.
Jarrett Barrios, soon-to-be president of GLAAD (Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation), issued a statement regarding Cohen’s character, saying the comedian used too many stereotypes in his depiction of a gay kid from Nebraska. The organization spoke to Universal Pictures about their concerns, but the studio maintains that Bruno is meant to challenge homophobia.
Click to continue reading Gay Community Split Over Baron’s Bruno
Read More
| E! Online