As everyone knows by now, 20th Century Fox has rebooted their nearly-50-year-old Planet Of The Apes franchise with a brand new movie: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes.
It monkeys around with Ape continuity, and while respectful to a lot of the original Ape lore, the movie does make some changes to modernize it for a contemporary audience.
We’ve put together a list of the Top 10 of those changes.
10. Sacred Scrolls now on iPad
9. Forbidden Zone is the name of a strip club
8. Hasslein’s Curve used to measure Freida Pinto
To some people’s surprise (that would be me, if you’re asking), Marvel Comics made an excellent movie about Captain America.
Who’d’ve thought that the shield-slinging WWII hero would translate so well to the screen? It’s so good, that they may wait at least 8 years before rebooting it.
But for those that watch the movie a second or third time (that would be me, if you’re asking), there are some surprises lurking in the margins.
Here then, are the Top 10 Surprises In The New Captain America Movie:
10: His shield is made out of Reb Brown’s career
9. It’s not just the skull that’s red
8. The Falcon calls the studio every day. "I'm in the sequel right?"
Being that it's Independence Day here in the USA, fireworks displays are gonna be starting in a few hours and we thought we could point you to some tips on how to capture some breathtaking fireworks photos. Here are teh top 10 fireworks photography tips to help you start thinking about your setup for tonight, and years to come:
- Use a tripod to keep things steady
- Use a camera with a remote shutter release (again, to keep things steady)
- Frame your shot to anticipate where the fireworks will be
- Shoot at a wider focal length
- Set your aperture to somewhere between f/8 and f/16
- Set your shutter to a long exposure
- Shoot at a low ISO. Set it at ISO 100.
- Turn off your flash
- Shoot in manual mode rather than auto focus
- Check on your results during the fireworks display so you can tweak as necessary
That's it! Of course, if you want to go more in-depth on those tips, you can head over to Digital Photography School to get more details on each of the ten tips listed here. Good luck!
I did too, but I was a little surprised by what was in the film once Jack dropped out and muscular heartthrob Ryan Reynolds jumped into the CG tights. Here then are the Top 10 Surprises awaiting you in Green Lantern.
10. Due to product placement deal, Green Lantern now referred to as “Coleman Green Lantern”
9. Green makes everyone's ass look big
8. Oa has a Starbucks and a McDonald's
7. Next Green Lantern chosen by internet vote
6. Did anyone tell Hal that most of his new friends are CGI?
We’ve all seen Marvel Comics’ X-Men First Class by now, right?
And if you haven’t, then you’re hardly a fan worthy of our time. Go. Now. See it.
Despite the film’s soft opening, you can bet they’ll make more. I saw it, will no doubt see it again.
As you watch the film, maybe you’ll have some of the same thoughts that I did. I walked away with 10 observations about the movie - see if they match your own:
10. January Jones will be getting offers from Playboy (now) and Wizard World (5 years from now)
9. Sequel: X-Men: Gym Class
8. Finally! We can talk about something other than DC Comics’ reboot
7. You say Magneto, I say tomato
Reboot, relaunch, retcon.
The comics industry is full of fun words that mean the same thing: sales tool.
It's a great strategy because I think we all know hundreds of fans that have been avoiding comic books because of how high the issue #'s are.
And as part of the same announcement, DC's switching to same day digital release of their printed comics, so I don't have to rush to the comic book store.
Naturally, everyone's talking about this bold move and not just on Twitter and Facebook. Here's a rundown of the Top 10 Things That People Are Saying about DC's new initiatives:
10. Finally! A reboot that changes everything forever! ZOMG!
9. Now I can bitch about DC's titles on the same device I read them on!
We’ve all heard the news now: David E. Kelley’s proposed Wonder Woman TV pilot did not get the greenlight from NBC.
But what we haven’t heard are the real reasons behind the cancellation. Here then, are the Top Ten Reasons Why The New Wonder Woman Series failed:
10. Typical David E. Kelley: Too much “Wondering Woman,” not enough actual Wonder Woman
9. Etta Candy played by Calista Flockhart
8. To be trendy, Amazon homeland changed to Amazon.com
7. William Shatner and James Spader as dueling Steve Trevors
Word has reached us that crazed Fox News commentator Glenn Beck was recently pitching around Hollywood to create an animated series based on his life as a child.
I'm sure someone saw this as a good idea in the same way that someone thought Happy Days, Gilligan's Island and The Harlem Globetrotters would make good cartoons.
But Beck will need something now that his Fox TV show is going to be cancelled at the end of this year.
We asked around the various Hollywood studios and got a list of the rejected pitches for various Beck-based cartoon shows, none of which have materialized.
"Development Hell" must also be part of a vast conspiracy.
Here then, are the Top 10 Beck cartoon projects that may yet find their way to your flatscreen:
If you've been following the internets all week, you've heard about the alleged fraudster, Rob Granito, who's been passing off the artwork of others as his own and enhancing his credits to brag about work he hasn't done.
Rich Johnston at Bleeding Cool broke the story just before Rob showed up at Megacon to sell his alleged "work." When confronted by angry fans and artists, Rob naturally had a few alleged excuses. We've compiled the best ones below:
10. "I'm not swiping. I'm swipering."
9. "I worked at the DC Comics in my head."
8. "I'm no different than those French cartoonists like Manet and Money."
7. "Who's the internet and why is she angry at me?"
The comic book convention season is in full swing, and that was never more apparent than this weekend in Chicago for C2E2.
Comic fans, cosplayers, celebrities, editors, artists and writers all gathered in a giant nerdpile of awesomeness.
And whenever all those things get together, a lot of chatter is going to take place. Here then are the Top Ten Things We Overheard at C2E2 2011:
10. "That new Wonder Woman costume is epic!"
9. "That new Wonder Woman costume sucks!"
8. "Wasn't C2E2 R2D2's wife?"
7. "This sure smells like San Diego!"
6. "This is really nice carpeting. What? I'm just sayin'!"
5. "At home I can follow Bendis on Twitter. Here I can actually follow Bendis!"
4. "I just saw Wizard World Chicago crying in the bathroom."
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.