Wednesday February 20, 2013 4:54 pm
Google holds Glass Explorer Edition competition, offers early access
Google wants early adopters to usher in the future of Google Glass. You know, those high tech Internet-connected glasses? The company is offering the opportunity for anyone to join in. A new competition outlined today by Google will give a lucky few the opportunity to have Google's Project Glass Explorer Edition before everyone else. That's a "neener neener" you can't pay for. Er, actually, you still have to pay for it. It'll cost $1500 if you win the priviledge of early access.
Google posted on its Glass site that it is looking for "bold, creative individuals who want to join us and be a part of shaping the future of Glass." In order to apply you need to use Google+ or Twitter to tell Google what you would do if you had glass, using the hashtag #ifihadglass.
Here are the details straight from Google:
- Your application must be 50 words or less
- You must include #ifihadglass in your application
- You can include up to 5 photos with your application
- You can include a short video (15 secs max)
- Be sure to follow us on Google+ (+ProjectGlass) or Twitter (@projectglass) so that we can contact you directly
- You must be at least 18 years old and live in the U.S. to apply
The deadline for applications is February 27th, a week from now. Those chosen will receive invitations (sort of like Willy Wonka) to become a Glass Explorer. Each Explorer will have to shell out $1500 plus tax to pre-order their Glass Explorer Edition and attend a special pick-up experience in New York, San Francisco or Los Angeles.
What would you do if you had Glass? Check out the video below that Google put together, showing the current Glass experience.
Read More | Google
- Related Tags:
- augmented reality, glass, google, google glass, google glass explorer edition, google plus, ifihadglass, project glass, twitter