Spysweeper Webroot
Posted: 27 June 2008 10:34 AM     [ Ignore ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

Was wondering if anyone has spysweeper and had any problems with it, like it not detecting more recent infections? I was reading an article about this and thought that I would share with everyone here what I read just in case anyone here has spysweeper. My mom has it and I am gonna tell her about it, for the fact that she pays for hers and if its not doing its job then she doesnt need to be wasting her money and she could get free products anyways that will do the job. But I guess they now install the ask toolbar by default which leads to less privacy. They offer a one year free trial, but just wonder if they are doing that to get people to buy their product. I dont know something to think about and check out. Maybe someone with spysweeper can contribute.

Posted: 30 June 2008 08:20 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-19

Was really hoping to an answer to this post. I guess nobody here has spysweeper, was hoping someone here did. Was really wanting some info on this from someone who uses it regularly, guess I will have to wait and see.

Posted: 30 June 2008 10:38 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31

I would just use Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware—I am sure I tried Spysweeper at one time trying to remove some spyware, but the only one that fully removed it was Malwarebytes, so I just rely on that with Symantec Endpoint Protection.

Posted: 01 July 2008 09:20 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-19

I like Malwarebytes’ I was mainly trying to find out for my mom. She has actually paid for Spysweeper and thats why I really was trying to find out what I read was true or not. I dont think its right if they are making people pay for something that isnt even working. I think that I will tell her though not to continue getting Spysweeper though, and I gotta check and see if Malwarebytes’ is compatiable with Vista to.