Tips to speed computer up
Posted: 27 June 2008 10:26 AM     [ Ignore ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

Get rid of start up programs that you dont use regularly and can start manually. They just hog memory and slow down your CPU. Also anyone with Norton anti-virus needs to know that it is such a big resource hog and I would not recommend this to no one, there are free anti-viruses that you can get that wont slow your computer down. Also cleaning out your temporary internet files and cookies and history will help also, for this there is atf cleaner or you can get ccleaner, which are both good programs. I have noticed a difference when using these programs and taking things off the start up that I really didnt need loaded when the computer boots up, my computer boots much faster now, maybe this will help someone else to.

Posted: 27 June 2008 01:09 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2008-01-01

I just use a program called Auslogics Boostspeed 4. It’s an awesome program to help speed up not only your computer, but internet as well. It has a registry cleaner, registry defrager, some other defrager, and it’ll fix everything. I highly recommend it, and it’ll be the best $25 you’ll ever spend.

Posted: 27 June 2008 06:16 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2008-05-30

I actually started a topic on this in the “Computer Hardware and Software” forums.  You can view it at:
http://www.gearlive.com/forums/viewthread/18647/

It would be better if people continued posting there instead of creating duplicate topics. 😊

Posted: 28 June 2008 01:25 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-19

Yes yours is for other things to like programs to help keep bad things out and such and this is just tips to speed it up so there is a difference in the posts. Not a whole lot but there is one. I wouldnt use a program to speed up your computer especially when you can do it yourself and not have to download anything. But everyone does things different.

Posted: 28 June 2008 02:31 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2008-05-30
littlebull - 28 June 2008 04:25 PM

Yes yours is for other things to like programs to help keep bad things out and such and this is just tips to speed it up so there is a difference in the posts.

Actually mine is about anything you do to speed up your computer, whether it’s using a program or modifying settings on your computer.  I never mentioned that it’s only about programs. 

Please re-read my post.  It says:

How do you improve the performance of your PC? What are some things that you do to help it
start quicker, load quicker, and perform better?

Posted: 28 June 2008 06:08 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-19

Yes yours is about performance which can include speeding up your computer but its not just about speeding it up which is what mine is, that is the difference it doesnt really matter, just as long everyone gets the point and it helps them. performance to can mean maintenance which is not what my topic was pointing at. They are both good topics and everyone can read both of them.

‹‹ Brando USB MP3 Pen      Spysweeper Webroot ››