Mortal Kombat: Deception
Posted: 06 October 2004 07:59 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Know It All
Total Posts:  6460
Joined  2004-12-22

Oh yeah, I’m surprised none of you have brought this game up 😛 LOL My boyfriend had this on reserve for the longest time, apparently, and it was released a couple of days ago…? He said the store sold his copy, and as compensation, they gave him a free discount on something else and a free strategy guide. It’s a crappy strategy guide though—I took a look through it and tried using it. It is teh sux0rz =\

Anyway, we are going to try and hook it up to my cable modem connection thingie tonight to see if we can play it online. Honestly, we have no idea how it works. LOL Wish us luck 😊

Posted: 06 October 2004 08:57 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Know It All
Joined  2004-12-22

Success!! Mortal Kombat: Deception does not require a strange subscription thingie, and we are happily kicking people’s azzez online 😊

I need to brush up on some of muh MK skillz… heh… some of these guys from all over the U.S. are too hard! :(

Posted: 06 October 2004 09:09 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

How is it compared to Deadly Alliance?

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 06 October 2004 10:21 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Know It All
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“AndruGearLive”]How is it compared to Deadly Alliance?

Well, the online thingie is pretty fun 😊 Deadly Alliance didn’t have that! As far as everything else, the stages are much more interactive, the characters are a-plenty (there seems to be more), and the fatalities are quite gruesome. More gruesome than I remember in Deadly Alliance!! Mr. Andru, I suggest you take all children to da other room before you play this game :o Hehe

Overall, it actually seems A LOT better than Deadly Alliance!! Go! Buy it! I shall fight you online! LOL Or my boyfriend will 😛 He’s much more skilled than I am. 😊 (How romantic, fighting for my honour, I never thought I’d see da day 😛)

Posted: 10 October 2004 09:10 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Know It All
Joined  2004-12-22

Won’t someone be my friend on MK: Deception and challenge me to a Versus match or something? :( It’s no fun playing with these people I dunno… well, it is when they’re really crappy, but I wanna see how Gear Live matches up 😛

Posted: 10 October 2004 10:13 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  93
Joined  2004-08-26

[quote author=“AndruGearLive”]How is it compared to Deadly Alliance?

anything is better than that game…terrible fighting engine…

Posted: 18 October 2004 09:13 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2004-12-22

i’ve played alittle of it and its pretty good from what i’ve played…seems to be better than DA…

Posted: 20 October 2004 06:09 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  2742
Joined  2004-09-29
[quote author=“Andreux”]Won’t someone be my friend on MK: Deception and challenge me to a Versus match or something? :( It’s no fun playing with these people I dunno… well, it is when they’re really crappy, but I wanna see how Gear Live matches up 😛

Do you have PS2 or XBOX?  I have XBOX live and that game.  :D Its sweet.  Haven’t played it online. I’ll get my butt kicked :p But I wouldn’t mind some practice.  :D   Gamertag = O Maniak C

Posted: 20 October 2004 06:19 PM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Total Posts:  13561
Joined  2005-03-07

i want to buy this lol. Hmmm should I?

Posted: 20 October 2004 07:19 PM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-09-29
[quote author=“gohan_bcc1”]i want to buy this lol. Hmmm should I?

What are you waiting for? MK Deception is awesome!

Posted: 20 October 2004 08:21 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  93
Joined  2004-08-26

[quote author=“gohan_bcc1”]i want to buy this lol. Hmmm should I?

depends. The fighting game engine is trash, some characters are clearly overpowered and some just plain blow. Konquest mode is the most boring thing i’ve played since dodging 200 lightning bolts in FFX. Puzzle kombat is kinda fun, but for that, just buy Puzzle Fighter for the GBA or the PS1. Chess Kombat has nothing to do with chess really, and if you’re better at MK, then you’re gonna win the chess combat, very poor way that they designed it. The practice mode is terrible, nothing more than a dummy just standing there, you can’t do anything with it, awfulawfulawful practice.

BUUUUUUUUUUUT in spite of all that, online capabilities for any fighting game is hawt…

if you’re not gonna play online, and you dont have a group of friends that enjoy a poorly made fighting game, then no, don’t get it.

For the same price you can buy street fighter anniversary collection AND Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution. 3 very good fighting games for the same price…

Posted: 21 October 2004 12:53 PM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Total Posts:  13561
Joined  2005-03-07

ill pick it up next week after i get payed.

Posted: 22 October 2004 10:16 AM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-09-29

[quote author=“gohan_bcc1”]ill pick it up next week after i get payed.

Do you have xbox live?

Posted: 22 October 2004 11:06 AM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  262
Joined  2004-07-24

[quote author=“Andreux”]Success!! Mortal Kombat: Deception does not require a strange subscription thingie, and we are happily kicking people’s azzez online 😊

I need to brush up on some of muh MK skillz… heh… some of these guys from all over the U.S. are too hard! :(

haha yeah. My friend ranks #1 in his state (NY).  MK rocks. 😊