Katy Perry interview
Posted: 13 August 2010 11:48 AM     [ Ignore ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-08-13

She was interviewed by The Advocate and talked about Lady Gaga, going to gay bars, and marriage equality…

ADVOCATE: After you tweeted, “Using blasphemy as entertainment is as cheap as a comedian telling a fart joke,” people assumed it was a pointed response to Lady Gaga’s “Alejandro” video. You’ve since clarified that it wasn’t specifically directed toward Gaga. So to whom was that tweet directed?

Katy Perry: Anyone. Whether it’s Madonna hanging on a cross or Russell using the Lord’s name in vain, it makes me feel … I guess I’m just sensitive to it. But the media loves to create these catfights with women — it’s almost a fetish. Sometimes you see it with bands like Blur and Oasis, but rarely you see it between anyone but girls because guys get off on the whole idea. I’m a huge fan of Lady Gaga, and hundreds of my tweets have been dedicated to her brilliance.

ADVOCATE: Didn’t you recently go to the #### [a gay dive bar in New York]?

Katy Perry: Yeah, and I had to take a Silkwood shower after my night at the ####. [Laughs] I went with my stylist, Johnny Wujek. I like gay bars better than straight bars because you don’t feel like you have to trade a blow job for a drink; you just have to smile and do a twirl.

ADVOCATE: Your recent topless photo shoot for Esquire U.K. certainly solved that mystery.

Katy Perry: Yeah, I like to walk the line, and that was definitely a walk-the-line moment. But I feel a lot more comfortable in my skin these days. I’m 25 and I have a very supportive man, so I guess it’s given me an inner confidence that makes me want to take my clothes off.

ADVOCATE: As a woman about to walk down the aisle with Russell Brand, what’s your take on gay marriage?

Katy Perry: It’s absurd that it’s not equality for all. The fact that we’re still dealing with it is stupid. It’s like, fuckin’ come on! It’s interesting because I come from a whole different world where I was raised with the idea that being gay was taboo and not right. Even though I love my parents and we can agree to disagree, I’m glad I’ve had my eyes opened.

Posted: 28 September 2010 06:04 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2010-01-22

can you prove me this interview video.

Posted: 16 November 2010 12:57 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  311
Joined  2010-05-07

Yeah frake you are absolutely right i agree with you…

Posted: 16 November 2010 05:28 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2010-06-25

where can I watch this interview, I’ll surely like to watch this so please can you provide me the source.