Searching for a Band
Posted: 10 May 2007 05:47 PM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  329
Joined  2007-02-22

FOX has enjoyed such massive success with American Idol, a contest that features solo singers, someone finally said “hey, I know - let’s do an Idol for bands!” And the idea lit a fire under FOX execs. The show, which is not officially titled, will be almost exactly like Idol - for bands. A nationwide search will produce ten semi-finalists who will perform in front of live studio and viewing audiences. America gets to vote, three judges get to critique, and we all get to have fun. FOX needs something to fill their fall programming…so why not?

Posted: 01 June 2008 08:46 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2008-04-30

Im a huge fan of American Idol

Posted: 01 June 2008 12:52 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  454
Joined  2008-05-31
K.C. Morgan - 10 May 2007 08:47 PM

FOX has enjoyed such massive success with American Idol, a contest that features solo singers, someone finally said “hey, I know - let’s do an Idol for bands!” And the idea lit a fire under FOX execs. The show, which is not officially titled, will be almost exactly like Idol - for bands. A nationwide search will produce ten semi-finalists who will perform in front of live studio and viewing audiences. America gets to vote, three judges get to critique, and we all get to have fun. FOX needs something to fill their fall programming…so why not?

I thought of something like that before. Like they have “So you think you can dance” for solo dancers, and “America’s Best Dance Crew” for groups and duo dancers. It makes since and I like the idea.