Lindsay Lohan Suing ‘Grand Theft Auto V’?

Posted by Andru Edwards Categories: Movies, Legal Issues,

Linsday LohanLindsay Lohan is allegedly planning to sue the makers of Grand Theft Auto V.

The 27-year-old actress has reportedly instructed her lawyers to start drawing up a lawsuit against video game producers, Rockstar Games, as she claims they created a character that looks and acts like her without her permission. The video game cover features a blonde woman holding a phone, who is later chased by paparazzi, and Lindsay claims she was the inspiration. Another sequence sees the character in a building that is believed to represent the Chateau Marmont Hotel in Los Angeles, where Lindsay once lived and often partied at in the past.

Lindsay's legal representatives reportedly believe she could be awarded a large amount of compensation from the manufacturer, according to gossip website TMZ.com.

It was previously reported that the character was based on model Shelby Welinder, who previously told Nowgamer that she was hired by the video game producer through her agency to model for the advertisement last year. The character has also been compared to models Kate Upton and Candice Swanepoel in the past.


Advertisement

Beyonce Settles Lawsuit

Posted by Andru Edwards Categories: Music, Legal Issues,

BeyonceBeyonce Knowles has settled a $100 million lawsuit.

The 31-year-old singer has reached an agreement with videogame company Gate Five after allegedly backing out of a deal to create her own motion-capture dance game called Starpower: Beyonce.

Lawyers for both sides signed an agreement dismissing "all claims or counterclaims" without legal fees and filed the papers in Manhattan Supreme Court in New York on Friday. The gaming company's lawyer Peter Gallagher told the New York Post's Page Six, "We've settled amicably. I can't discuss the terms of the settlement, but it was resolved."

The "Love On Top" singer reportedly dropped out of the deal last winter because she claimed that Gate Five had not secured the funding they had promised. The company countered that the Grammy-winner ditched the deal on a whim and claimed it lost its nearly $7 million investment and 70 people lost their jobs. The terms of the agreement were not disclosed.


Video Game Company Sues Beyonce

Posted by Andru Edwards Categories: Music, Television, Legal Issues,

BeyonceBeyonce has been sued for $100 million by a video game developer.

Gate Five claims that the "Listen" star went back on her word for a $20 million deal for the proposed game named Starpower: Beyonce. Legal representatives for the 30-year-old singer insisted that she had the choice to back out of the agreement after she discovered that the company had not come up with the necessary budget for what was needed to create the product named after her.

Gate Five, however, has replied that she unfairly pulled out only three days before she was supposed to officially sign a contract with them back in December 2010. They maintain that her actions resulted in them losing millions of dollars and having to fire 70 employees.

The New York Post reports that Justice Charles Ramos has allowed the lawsuit to go to trial, as Beyonce should have given the company notice before quitting the deal. Beyonce has declined any comment on the matter.


Advertisement