Alec Baldwin Retires From Public Life

Alec BaldwinDespite quarreling with him on Orphans, Alec Baldwin is apparently taking a cue from Shia LaBeouf.

The 30 Rock actor penned an open letter online claiming that he's retiring from public life. Fed up with what he claims is the media's false, twisted perception of his character, Baldwin uses most of his letter to tell his side of recent news stories that have shed a poor light on him: "But - I’m sorry, I can’t let go of this - do people really, really believe that, when I shouted at that guy, I called him a 'f****t' on-camera? Do you honestly believe I would give someone like TMZ’s Harvey Levin, of all people, another club to beat me with?"

Baldwin additionally points out that all of the bad publicity surrounding him have cost him projects, including his lucrative Capital One deal, which he says he donated all of his fees to charity. Moreover, even though he's known for being a quintessential New Yorker, the 55-year-old contemplates in his letter whether or not he should raise his daughter in L.A. instead, considering the increased paparazzi craze.

"It’s good-bye to public life in the way that you try to communicate with an audience playfully like we’re friends, beyond the work you are actually paid for. Letterman. Saturday Night Live. That kind of thing," the 16-time Saturday Night Live host concludes.

Read More | Vulture

Advertisement

Woody Allen: “Of Course, I Did Not Molest Dylan”

Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: Movies, Features,

Woody AllenAlthough Woody Allen is known for keeping out of the media spotlight, the reignited child molestation accusation against him has compelled him to seek a platform in The New York Times.

The 78-year-old filmmaker responded to his daughter Dylan Farrow's open letter from last weekend (in the same publication he offers his defense, no less) in which she confirmed for the first time as an adult that he sexually abused her when she was 7.

In the piece, Allen reaffirms his innocence, offering anecdotes aimed at painting his ex-partner and Dylan's mother Mia Farrow as a vengeful lover (not unlike what his lawyer has claimed): "Stacey Nelkin, whom I had dated many years ago, came forward to the press to tell them that when Mia and I first had our custody battle 21 years ago, Mia had wanted her to testify that she had been underage when I was dating her, despite the fact this was untrue. Stacey refused. I include this anecdote so we all know what kind of character we are dealing with here. One can imagine in learning this why she wouldn’t take a lie-detector test."

Click to continue reading Woody Allen: “Of Course, I Did Not Molest Dylan”

Read More | The New York Times

Woody Allen to Respond to Dylan Farrow

Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: Movies, Rumors,

Woody AllenDespite his reclusive tendencies, filmmaker Woody Allen will be emerging from his proverbial shell to respond to the renewed child molestation accusations against him.

Allen is seeking to have a piece published in response to his estranged daughter Dylan Farrow's open letter wherein she claims that he molested her as a child - confirming her mother Mia Farrow's claims that Allen did so when Dylan was 7 years old.

The Blue Jasmine director's letter is rumored to appear in The New York Times - the same publication that put out Dylan's letter last Saturday. "[Allen] asked and we said, 'Yes, send it in,'" said Andrew Rosenthal, The New York Times' editorial page editor. Just because it has been submitted, however, Rosenthal points out that it won't necessarily go unedited or published at all: "It comes down to the editing process [as a full Op-Ed piece]... Normally, we don't publish a direct response. In this case, it was so personal, we thought that we should."

Click to continue reading Woody Allen to Respond to Dylan Farrow

Read More | Us Weekly

Alec Baldwin Responds to Dylan Farrow’s Letter

Posted by Andru Edwards Categories: Movies, Features,

Woody Allen, Cate Blanchett, and Alec Baldwin with Dylan Farrow inset

Alec Baldwin and Cate Blanchett have responded to Dylan Farrow's open letter.

The director's 28-year-old adopted daughter published a letter in the New York Times on Saturday in which she accused her adoptive father, Woody Allen, of sexually assaulting her when she was seven. The letter also asked various actors who had worked with Woody - including Alec and Cate - how they would feel if it was their child.

Responding to a fan asking if he felt he should apologise to Dylan, Alec - who has daughters Ireland, 18, and Carmen, five months - wrote on Twitter, "What the f&@% is wrong w u that u think we all need to b commenting on this family's personal struggle? You are mistaken if you think there is a place for me, or any outsider, in this family's issue [sic]."

Click to continue reading Alec Baldwin Responds to Dylan Farrow’s Letter


Morrissey Slams Obama’s Thanksgiving

Posted by Andru Edwards Categories: Music, Rants,

Morrissey with a turkey

Morrissey has criticised Barack Obama over his annual Thanksgiving turkey pardon.

In an open letter posted on fan site True To You titled "Thankskilling," the singer attacks America's animal rights record, claiming that 45 million turkeys are "horrifically abused" at Thanksgiving and that the annual holiday "supports torture." The "First Of The Gang To Die" singer wrote, "Please ignore the abysmal example set by President Obama who, in the name of Thanksgiving, supports torture as 45 million birds are horrifically abused; dragged through electrified stun baths, and then have their throats slit. And President Obama laughs. Haha, so funny! Further, the meat industry is responsible for 51 per cent of human-caused greenhouse-gas emission, therefore the embarrassingly stupid White House 'turkey pardon' is open support for a viciously cruel and environmentally irresponsible industry."

Click to continue reading Morrissey Slams Obama’s Thanksgiving


Advertisement