- STICKY POST
- I'm done, close this
Enter Our Ultimate Summer Tech Giveaway!
That’s right - we are giving away a Summer Tech Package that includes a high-tech Fuego Element grill, Monster Superstar Backfloat waterproof speaker, and a mobile charging bank from iFrogz! Head on over to our giveaway page in order to enter. Good luck!
Thursday August 23, 2012 1:41 pm
Apple releases OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.1
This morning Apple publicly released OS X Update 10.8.1, the first update for Mountain Lion. The release comes just two days shy of a month since the initial Mountain Lion release on July 25th. Here are the major changes and improvements included in the release:
- Resolve an issue that may cause Migration Assistant to unexpectedly quit
- Improve compatibility when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server in Mail
- Address an issue playing audio through a Thunderbolt display
- Resolve an issue that could prevent iMessages from being sent
- Address an issue that could cause the system to become unresponsive when using Pinyin input
- Resolve an issue when connecting to SMB servers with long names
- Address a issue that may prevent Safari from launching when using a Proxy Automatic Configuration (PAC) file
- Improve 802.1X authentication with Active Directory credentials
Here's to hoping that 10.8.1 also fixes the battery life issues that many have been seeing on Apple notebooks. We've definitely seen a drop in battery life on our MacBook Pro with Retina display after going from Lion to Mountain Lion. You can purchase Mountain Lion for $19.99 on the Mac App Store.
- Related Tags:
- 10.8, 10.8.1, active directory, adslice, apple, bug fixes, exchange, imessage, mac, mac app store, messages, microsoft exchange, mountain lion, mountain lion 10.8.1, mountain lion bugs, operating system, operating systems, os, os x, os x 10.8.1, osx, safari, software, software update, thunderbolt, thunderbolt display
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.