Wow, Rediculous Treatment at the Bank
Posted: 29 July 2008 06:45 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Total Posts:  13561
Joined  2005-03-07

So i got a cheque from Western Union when i picked up some money today.

I go to the bank to cash it. I got up the the teller when someone approaches me and asks to see what I am trying to cash in. She takes the cheque and tells me to follow her. I go with her to her station and she starts questioning how i got this cheque. I tell her its from Western Union i picked it up this morning and that I want to cash it. She says this looks like its been printed, you have to stay here until she validates it. I was like umm wtf. Its a freaking cheque. Then she rudely asks for my bank card and id. I give it to her. She pulls up my account. I have like 10 grand in there for school and such and from work since I am a summer student at an oil and gas company. She then asks what I do for a living and how I have so much money at the age of 18. I told her what I do for a living is no relevance to the matter and she continues to nag at me about how western union works and such. I ask to speak with someone who has knowledge on what western union is and she blaintly says “I am the assistant manager, I know what you are trying to do, I will not cash this cheque and no one will until my signature is on it.” I was just like okay w/e. So she calls the western union and spents 20 minutes confirming its mine. Then i go to the till with it and ask them to cash it. She asks why did you need to get this signed, its a western union cheque, its dealt with like any other cheque. I explained what happened and the till person was just like I apologize on her behalf she is ####### stupid and I would suggest bringing in someone to talk to her because that is uncalled for.

I am now going back there tomorrow with a nice visit from me and the owners of my company who work closely with BMO to give her a nice little talk about accussing their employees of being thefts.

Like honestly im cashing $400 into an account with $10000. A 4% cash up. Am i really going to be tryign to cash fraud cheques i print on the computer. Get real.

Posted: 30 July 2008 09:54 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2007-06-17

Its most likely the way you look and your age that she was upset with, sometimes we older people don’t understand the “younger” generation. This is not an excuse. She might think that all people under 20 are not to be trusted. People generally mistrust that which they do not understand. As the assistant manager she may have been burned by someone with a bad check (that was on the younger side, and she is taking that experience with her to all new interactions with people that might fit the demographic). You have every right to be upset with your treatment by the her. But pleases don’t think every one (who may be older or in a position of authority) is like she was. Don’t make the mistake she made.  Remember that every new interaction with another individual is unique.
😊  Now don’t I sound like a mom…...

Posted: 30 July 2008 10:03 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07

O i dont think that at all i just think shes a bitch. I was dressed professionally and I had my access card blaintly shown.
In Calgary, Access card means you have class.

Posted: 30 July 2008 10:32 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-06-17

Then she is a b:tch , and unfortunately there is not much that you can do about people like. They are in a catagory all their own. 😛 .

Posted: 30 July 2008 10:38 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07

haha o but there is. She going to get in troublllllllle.
When people who hold hundreds of millions of dollars of money in their accounts are mad 😛
Looking forward to it today :D

I just don’t like being looked down upon when I am one of the few kids my age who is actuallly doing something with my life.
Like dont judge, simple as thatttt.

On a side note, i am gonna buy a case monster lrg case :D

Posted: 30 July 2008 11:39 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-06-17
gohan_bcc1 - 30 July 2008 01:38 PM

haha o but there is. She going to get in troublllllllle.
When people who hold hundreds of millions of dollars of money in their accounts are mad 😛
Looking forward to it today :D

I just don’t like being looked down upon when I am one of the few kids my age who is actuallly doing something with my life.
Like dont judge, simple as thatttt.

On a side note, i am gonna buy a case monster lrg case :D

You are absolutely right. She was most definitely wrong. The only advice that I would give my own son is be respectful of her position. (not necessarily of her). I would also tell him to be very polite to her call her MS. what ever her last name is (this will drive her crazy). She may also try and make you react to her so don’t take the bait. Be a gentleman, at all times. That will make her nuts. Good luck today let us know what happens.

Side note I haven’t gotten my cases yet 😛

Posted: 30 July 2008 01:23 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2008-05-31

I smell trouble brewing for that lady lol

Posted: 30 July 2008 02:55 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07

Well we went today at lunch. She looked scared shitless the moment head manager walks up to her with all of us.
We have a nice little chat and in the end, everyone in the company gets a free trip which we turned down as a sign of respect and to uphold a reputation as not trying to scam free things but want the same treatment in return.
She now owes every member of the company letter of apology explaining she is sorry for the incident she brought up.

All i can say if I hope she has alot of saliva. Cause shes got thousands of envelopes to seal 😉
She was also sent taken off duty until this is complete. Guess it pays to work for one of the biggest oil and gas companies in Calgary.

Posted: 30 July 2008 03:23 PM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-06-17

I am glad that she got hers.  Maybe she will think before she acts in the future. Did she say why she mistreated you(other than being a witch)?

Posted: 30 July 2008 04:04 PM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07
kat - 30 July 2008 06:23 PM

I am glad that she got hers.  Maybe she will think before she acts in the future. Did she say why she mistreated you(other than being a witch)?

She said she “does” that to anyone.
As if, you have someone walk into the main location in calgary, hes in business attire, dress shirt, dress pants, access card out and he wants to cash a cheque and you question his credability.

I wouldn’t feel the least bit sad if she got fired.