iPhone contest - if you want, we will give you a regular phone if you win
Posted: 26 June 2008 11:09 AM     [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

I’ve decided to offer the winner of the iPhone contest a choice - you can take the Gear Live phone, or we can give you a regular unlocked 8GB .

Why?

Because the launches on July 11. I bet some people will want to sell the unlocked regular iPhone in order to buy the new model. It will be tough to sell a modified phone to someone, especially someone who is unfamiliar with our brand.

So, there you go.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 26 June 2008 11:12 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2008-05-31

Thats very generous. I think I would stick with the customized iPhone. Its just too sweet looking to pass up.

Posted: 26 June 2008 11:14 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

I wouldnt sell it, I want to play around with it, I have never had an iphone and have learned what you can do with them. I am actually excited to try to win one of these. And if everyone is wanting the iPhone 3G its gonna be hard to find someone who will want to buy an older model unless they dont want the newer one. But do both phones above have the same specs and everything to them? What are the differences between the iPhones?

Posted: 26 June 2008 11:17 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31

I think the only difference is the one is GearLive customized and the other isn’t.

Posted: 26 June 2008 11:20 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2008-01-01

I guess that’s a good offer but I still think that the winner should get the GearLive iPhone because it’s not about selling it, I think it’s actually about keeping it so the winner will remember about GearLive and I guess kinda advertise for it in a way. But I guess for those people who really want the 3G iPhone the regular iPhone is a good choice for them to sell. Thx for the offer Andru.

Posted: 26 June 2008 11:23 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31
x1xtomx1x - 26 June 2008 02:20 PM

I guess that’s a good offer but I still think that the winner should get the GearLive iPhone because it’s not about selling it, I think it’s actually about keeping it so the winner will remember about GearLive and I guess kinda advertise for it in a way. But I guess for those people who really want the 3G iPhone the regular iPhone is a good choice for them to sell. Thx for the offer Andru.

I agree that its not about selling it. I would definitely want to keep it, for the fact that I’m a member of the site and won it and to help advertise the site.

Posted: 26 June 2008 11:24 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-19

I think so to, why not get your website advertised? I mean your nice enough to give the iPhone away so why not make them take the one that says gearlive on it? And if thats the only difference then I would want the gearlive one anyway. Its nice that you offered that choice though. That would be awful for someone to win it just to sell it after you just gave it away to them, I dont think that would be right anyway. And I am sure you had to pay for the iPhone in the first place, right?

Posted: 26 June 2008 11:43 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Total Posts:  13561
Joined  2005-03-07
Andru Edwards - 26 June 2008 02:09 PM

I’ve decided to offer the winner of the iPhone contest a choice - you can take the Gear Live phone, or we can give you a regular unlocked 8GB .

Why?

Because the launches on July 11. I bet some people will want to sell the unlocked regular iPhone in order to buy the new model. It will be tough to sell a modified phone to someone, especially someone who is unfamiliar with our brand.

So, there you go.

I dunnnno. The paintjob on it is pretttty sweet. How many orange iphones do you see!
Regardless most people will probably take the orange one. I would. While everyone is using they’re White/Black/Silver ones you could be seen and be like yeah mines orange. Custom made for me. I’m a big thing okay? haha

Posted: 26 June 2008 11:48 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-19

Haha that was funnny put. Yeah I think I would go more with the custom made one to, and I could tell people just where I got it to. Like I said I just dont think it would be right to sell it after it was given to you. Thats just me though.

Posted: 26 June 2008 02:05 PM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

I’m just saying, you can get the orange phone, or you can get an unlocked regular phone (which sells for about $350 on eBay unlocked), but the iPhone 3G for $199, and have some money left over.

JUST IN CASE you were wanting an iPhone 3G instead of the older model, now the option is available to you.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 26 June 2008 03:25 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Total Posts:  13561
Joined  2005-03-07
Andru Edwards - 26 June 2008 05:05 PM

I’m just saying, you can get the orange phone, or you can get an unlocked regular phone (which sells for about $350 on eBay unlocked), but the iPhone 3G for $199, and have some money left over.

JUST IN CASE you were wanting an iPhone 3G instead of the older model, now the option is available to you.

thats $200 if your signing a contract/all the other options made in your article last week!

Posted: 26 June 2008 04:25 PM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

Thanks for even having the opportunity for winning an iPhone 3G but now that Gear Live is generous to offer a choice/option to the winner? Wow. Thanks Gear Live. 😊

Posted: 26 June 2008 07:11 PM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2008-05-30

Thanks for the offer Andru!  If the winner actually plans to upgrade to the iPhone 3G they would obviously need to sell this iPhone.  Perhaps the Gear Live design decreases the value of the iPhone so it won’t sell as much.  Andru is offering a different new unlocked iPhone 8 GB iPhone since it would sell for more. 

I would personally take the Gear Live iPhone instead of a regular unlocked one because I don’t really need the 3G.  I doubt I have 3G in my area anyway so it wouldn’t really benefit me.

Posted: 26 June 2008 08:23 PM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1441
Joined  2005-06-22

Hmm.. Interesting.  Very nice of you guys to offer the chance to change the iPhone from the custom painted one to the original one.. Very nice indeed.