BlackBerry Thunder touchscreen phone in live shot
Posted: 08 June 2008 01:54 PM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2008-05-26

You all know the Thunder right? Well, looky looky who got a cookie. Yeah peoples, live shot of the BlackBerry Thunder right here. By just looking at the photo, we can see that almost every button on a traditional BlackBerry like the convenience keys are still there. Like we reported, there are only four physical buttons on the front and a large touch-screen. It is also coming to Verizon. Take a look at a larger shot after the jump and stay tuned for more information on it soon. Wow, we were almost spot on with our mock-up?

It looks like RIM is joining the Touchscreen phone competition. RIM (research in motion) is currently the world’s most used smart phone manufacture (yes, even after the release of the iPhone), the blackberry, blueberry etc. who are aimed at the business end. When this BlackBerry Thunder is released, do you think it would help RIM take the entire Smart Phone market? Over the apple iPhone??? Because RIM’s smart phones are all aimed for professional use, they are easier to use and works together with the business’s mail servers, etc. So my guess is that RIM’s touch phone would get the most attention from corporate users, and they would gain more % of the market. But with the iPhone 2 comming tomorrow, and the Thunder still not in production, this is a loose estimation on who would be the absolute ruler of the Smart Phone Market. Who do you think would win the market, and also, is this a smart step for RIM to take?

Source: Boy Genius Report
link: http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/06/08/blackberry-thunder-live-shot-damn-were-good/

Posted: 08 June 2008 02:22 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  100
Joined  2008-06-08

im not a big fan of this phone. people should ttry to stop copy the iphone and make something original. lets see a phone that can double as a uh uhhh uhh printer yeah a little printer in the back for labels or notes. lol jsut an idea

Posted: 08 June 2008 03:37 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  454
Joined  2008-05-31

That’s pretty cool. Nice design and all. Say, what is your favorite feature of this Blackberry? I don’t think it’s a match for the iPhone though.

Posted: 08 June 2008 03:49 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2008-05-26
Shady Freak - 08 June 2008 06:37 PM

That’s pretty cool. Nice design and all. Say, what is your favorite feature of this Blackberry? I don’t think it’s a match for the iPhone though.

The thing is that there has been no information about what addition RIM added to Thunder. My guess is that it’d have the same thing as the current Blackberrys, but with more applications aimed towards multimedia, i wonder is this aimed at the consumer market or the corp market. because corp users want a keyboard for simple text entry… while using the on screen keyboard is more difficult. and if they do use a on screen keyboard, it would most likely use T9, but corp. users would have to learn and get use to it. which means down time for productivity.