‹ First  < 7 8 9 10 > 
9 of 10
The Last Few Days of the Dragon Strikes
Posted: 09 June 2008 01:20 AM   [ # 201 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 201 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31
sushrukh - 09 June 2008 04:16 AM

He had lost more than 100 posts due to spamming but managed to win.So, a spammer (big or small) finally won.

I lost posts because they were inside of other threads that were deleted for spam.  That does not necessarily mean that my posts were spam inside of those, it just means that the initial thread was spam.  Anyway, thank you to all for an amazing week, and thank you to HP, Buzz Corps, and the Gear Live site including Andru and all the moderators!

EDIT: Btw, sorry I couldnt tell you all earlier!  Contest rules, I couldnt tell you until it was “official” on the site 😊

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:21 AM   [ # 202 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 202 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2008-05-31

Anyways, luck always favours those who already have enough of them.Rich people becoming more richer,poor people left to die.Anyways, i’m outta here.Enjoy your prize.

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:25 AM   [ # 203 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 203 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31
sushrukh - 09 June 2008 04:21 AM

Me & Buckeye both have lost the maximum points.If he wasn’t spamming then how come he was one of those who had the maximum points decresed ?Simple logic eh ?

We both had a large number of posts to begin with, so wouldn’t simple logic state that we would lose more points relative to others?  Also, a lot of the posts that were removed seemed to be from earlier in the contest, where I had posted more, and so it would make sense that I lost more posts if that were the case.

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:27 AM   [ # 204 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 204 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  171
Joined  2008-05-31

I can see some huge flame war coming on..

Anyway, Congratulations Buckeye, you deserved it.

- BoogerJay

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:27 AM   [ # 205 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 205 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Total Posts:  13561
Joined  2005-03-07

Who cares I didnt win… thats all that matters guys!
Obviously im kidding. Everyone needs to lighten up. Contest is over guys!.
Better luck next time right?

Plus Buckeye already told me hes sending it to me as a 15k post present. 😛

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:29 AM   [ # 206 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 206 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

I’ve tried my best & had the maximum points but only because i didn’t know the rules of posting one-liners on the blog, i’ve got myself disqualified.Anyways, all my fault & luck never favoured me ever.So, what can i say ? I can finally return my home after loosing in all of them.Heck i don’t even have a computer of my own,even a Pentium III & i won’t have one ever either.I think i shouldn’t have invested so much time & effort in this risking my health.When everybody were sleeping or taking break, i was still here & didn’t go to sleep for 6 days & was trying to contribute in the community.Maybe not all of my posts are that useful like you have, but i’ve tried my best but what more could i do ? I didn’t do any wrong things intentionally but some people can never win in life irrespective of what they do & how much effort & time they put to achieve something.Can you imagine how much time it took to post 750+ posts in 5 days & more than 150 on the blogs ? I’ve never thought that my posts would be considered as spam because i’m posting this kind of posts on several other websites from quite some time & nobody said me that i’m a spammer.Congrats anyways.

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:31 AM   [ # 207 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 207 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2008-05-26
gohan_bcc1 - 09 June 2008 04:27 AM

There’s no next time… this is like a once in a life time contest

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:33 AM   [ # 208 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 208 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07
tsunzilla - 09 June 2008 04:31 AM

May seem like the case but there are so many contests that are run everyday on the internet. Ranging from everything.
This one just seemed to intrigue alot of people because it came across as easy.

Edit: Buckeye stanks for not responding to pms.

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:34 AM   [ # 209 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 209 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07
sushrukh - 09 June 2008 04:29 AM

I’ve tried my best & had the maximum points but only because i didn’t know the rules of posting one-liners, i’ve got myself disqualified.Anyways, all my fault & luck never favoured me ever.So, what can i say ? I can finally return my home after loosing in all of them.Heck i don’t even have a computer of my own,even a Pentium III & i won’t have one ever either.Congrats.

How did you know you had maximum points? He could have easily gotten more points by creating threads that had lots of replies and what not correct.

Post count is only half the points.

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:38 AM   [ # 210 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 210 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

I’ve tried my best & had the maximum points but only because i didn’t know the rules of posting one-liners on the blog, i’ve got myself disqualified.Anyways, all my fault & luck never favoured me ever.So, what can i say ? I can finally return my home after loosing in all of them.Heck i don’t even have a computer of my own,even a Pentium III & i won’t have one ever either.I think i shouldn’t have invested so much time & effort in this risking my health.When everybody were sleeping or taking break, i was still here & didn’t got to sleep for 6 days & was trying to contribute in the community.Maybe not all of my posts are that useful like you have, but i’ve tried my best but wahar more could i do ? I didn’t do any wrong things intentionally but some people can never win in life irrespective of what they do.Congrats.

You really, really need to stop complaining. You didn’t “lose” because you got disqualified. You came in THIRD. You wouldn’t have won anyway! Geez…have some sportsmanship.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:38 AM   [ # 211 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 211 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31
gohan_bcc1 - 09 June 2008 04:33 AM
tsunzilla - 09 June 2008 04:31 AM

May seem like the case but there are so many contests that are run everyday on the internet. Ranging from everything.
This one just seemed to intrigue alot of people because it came across as easy.

Edit: Buckeye stanks for not responding to pms.

Hey!  Check your pm, I had a couple I had to respond to so I wasnt ignoring yours 😛

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:40 AM   [ # 212 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 212 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2004-12-22

Oh, guys, next week we will be starting another contest, and there will be three winners. We are giving away our custom Gear Live iPhone 😉

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:41 AM   [ # 213 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 213 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  222
Joined  2008-05-31

Meh… what place was I? XD
And Buckeye you didn’t respond to mine either D: I feel isolated.
Brownies are good. That wasn’t actually a random statement. And can someone look at our class project later? I need serious feedback >___<

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:41 AM   [ # 214 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 214 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2008-05-31
Andru Edwards - 09 June 2008 04:38 AM

I’ve tried my best & had the maximum points but only because i didn’t know the rules of posting one-liners on the blog, i’ve got myself disqualified.Anyways, all my fault & luck never favoured me ever.So, what can i say ? I can finally return my home after loosing in all of them.Heck i don’t even have a computer of my own,even a Pentium III & i won’t have one ever either.I think i shouldn’t have invested so much time & effort in this risking my health.When everybody were sleeping or taking break, i was still here & didn’t got to sleep for 6 days & was trying to contribute in the community.Maybe not all of my posts are that useful like you have, but i’ve tried my best but wahar more could i do ? I didn’t do any wrong things intentionally but some people can never win in life irrespective of what they do.Congrats.

You really, really need to stop complaining. You didn’t “lose” because you got disqualified. You came in THIRD. You wouldn’t have won anyway! Geez…have some sportsmanship.

i can only guess i was counted as a spammer and disqualified right?
that or i came in like 7th

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:43 AM   [ # 215 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 215 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2004-12-22

SkyFuser - 11th place, although I know at least 3 people above you would have been disqualified.

sharkhead - this is gonna hurt. You came in second. Also, in your bonus points, you said you didn’t have time to do the reviews… 😉

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:43 AM   [ # 216 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 216 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07

With that said, did Jessica or w/e come in second?

Edit: Nvm posted right above me.

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:45 AM   [ # 217 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 217 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2004-12-22
gohan_bcc1 - 09 June 2008 04:43 AM

She was 6th, but one or two above her would have been DQd I bet.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:45 AM   [ # 218 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 218 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2008-05-31
Andru Edwards - 09 June 2008 04:43 AM

SkyFuser - 11th place, although I know at least 3 people above you would have been disqualified.

sharkhead - this is gonna hurt. You came in second. Also, in your bonus points, you said you didn’t have time to do the reviews… 😉

yeah… thinking hard about it i knew it was gonna happen…....

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:45 AM   [ # 219 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 219 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07
SkyFuser - 09 June 2008 04:41 AM

Meh… what place was I? XD
And Buckeye you didn’t respond to mine either D: I feel isolated.
Brownies are good. That wasn’t actually a random statement. And can someone look at our class project later? I need serious feedback >___<

What a jerk eh! haha jk. He actually responded to mine. He must be a busy fellow with everyone congradulating him/finding his address to steal his mail.

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:47 AM   [ # 220 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 220 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

I would’ve come to number one position though if i wouldn’t have stopped posting because i had more than 1800 points just from the posting & that too was 3-4 days b4.I’m not saying anything against anybody.I was just saying to myself.And how i can show sportsmanship when i was about to win a $5000 worth of machine but couldn’t get it ? Sorry, i’m a very straightforward person & i say what i feel.So, sorry & congrats buckeye (i’ve congratulated him earlier also if you’ve not seen) but i hate myself for working so hard.

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:47 AM   [ # 221 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 221 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07
Andru Edwards - 09 June 2008 04:45 AM
gohan_bcc1 - 09 June 2008 04:43 AM

She was 6th, but one or two above her would have been DQd I bet.

The shipping company is gonna be shitting their pants when they see what your sending over.

Question about this iPhone contest. You gonna ship it to Canada even though they arent supposed to be there yet?

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:49 AM   [ # 222 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 222 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07
sushrukh - 09 June 2008 04:47 AM

I would’ve come to number one position though if i wouldn’t have stopped posting because i had more than 1800 points just from the posting & that too was 3-4 days b4.I’m not saying anything against anybody.I was just saying to myself.And how i can show sportsmanship when i was about to win a $5000 worth of machine but couldn’t get it ? Sorry, i’m a very straightforward person & i say what i feel.So, sorry & congrats buckeye (i’ve congratulated him earlier also if you’ve not seen) but i hate myself for working so hard.

How do you get 1800 points from just posting if you never pasted the 600 post mark? Just out of curiosity.

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:52 AM   [ # 223 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 223 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31

@SkyFuser: just sent you a PM in response (was flooded with them so it was taking me some time to work through them, so not ignoring you haha)

Anyway, I am heading to bed as I have to get up in just four hours, and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone again for such a great week!

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:53 AM   [ # 224 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 224 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2004-12-22
gohan_bcc1 - 09 June 2008 04:49 AM
sushrukh - 09 June 2008 04:47 AM

How do you get 1800 points from just posting if you never pasted the 600 post mark? Just out of curiosity.

He didn’t. De didn’t get that the points that are displayed on the website are your GENERAL Gear Live Points, not the points for the HP contest.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:53 AM   [ # 225 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 225 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

I had 700+ posts earler & had 1850 points from the posting.Yeah i’m saying about the points which i could see on the top of the homepage of Gearlive.Buckeye i last saw had about 1600+ points. 😉

‹ First  < 7 8 9 10 > 
9 of 10