Gohan_Bcc1’s CD Review 2 (David Guetta - Pop Life)
Posted: 02 June 2008 05:48 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Total Posts:  13561
Joined  2005-03-07

Same idea as before. Track by Track Breakdown and an Overall Score.

David Guetta - Pop Life

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2518/poplifeid8.jpg

1. Baby When The Light
This is a really great opener to the album. I believe it is an old Madonna song just turned a little upbeat to match Guetta’s house style. This is a song many girls love because it brings back memories and is simply a great song. It is very upbeat and the lyrics are catchy. A perfect way to open an album of this type. Start with a soft upbeat house song then turn it up a notch later 😊.

2. Love is Gone (Original Mix)
This is one of my favourite songs on this album but it is not my favourite version. The lyrics are extremely catchy but I personally dont like the beat as much as I do the other version of this song on the album. It is still without any regards a great song but I wish the beat was a little different. Still quite a catchy tune to listen to when you get sick of the other version.

3. Everytime We Touch
Nope this is not the same as Cascada’s version haha. This was probably one of my least favourite songs but by no means is it bad. It gives me a little reminder of the opening song Baby When The Light. This song just didnt do it for me.

4. Delirious
One of the better songs on the album. Extremely catchy. Has the same kind of vibe as the opening song but pumps it up alot more. It is very entertaining and matches the albums style perfectly. It is a vocal song and I do believe parts of this song were on James Bond. Dont take my word for that though. It will stick to you upon the first listen.

5. Tomorrow Can Wait
I personally like this song alot. I think it is upbeat and the entire song energizes you when your listening to it. It would make for a great song to DJ at a club or concert. Definately one of those songs that get better as you listen more and more.

6. Winner Of The Game
This is a fairly short song. It is a deep vocalist and kind of reminds you of a Benny Benassi vocal. It is just okay. Nothing special.

7. Do Something Love
This song is a vocal song with a quite interesting beat. It is a great house song in my opinion but it is not a song you will turn back to and listen to over and over again.

8. You’re Not Alone
This song I have put on full blast in my car because it is very catchy. It has a nice upbeat house intro leading to a soft vocal portion. I found this song to be great and diversifies the album.

9. Never Take Away My Freedom
This is another one of my favourite songs on this album. I like how the intro leads up to a beat which is cut off by more vocals. The beat makes you wanting to hear more of it but it doesnt quite give you the full extent of what you are expecting because it cuts off to another beat. I thought this was different and sadly I do wish the beat didnt cut off because its a sweet beat. Great Song!

10. This is Not a Love Song
This is my least favourite song on the album. I find it very repetative and boring and it kind of annoys me.

11. Always
This is another kind of repetative song. To me it doesnt keep me wanting to listen to more as a house song should do. It does throw in some good beats getting you off your seat and dancing around but other than that its just an okay song with mediocre vocals.

12. Joan of Arc
I dont know what it is about this song but I find myself sticking it on repeat. Its got a good beat to intro the song and a nice house vocal to keep the song going. Something you will listen to more than once for sure!

13. Love is Gone (Fred Rister Edit)
BEST SONG ON ALBUM EASILY. Most catchy song I have heard in a long time. After I started listening to this song I just couldn’t stop. I have now been hearing it on the radio and all the top 40 stations. It is being released in the states as a single and is already extremely popular on iTunes because it is simply an incredible song. The lyrics are very catchy you will find yourself singing them whenever you hear the song and the beat is very good. One of the best house songs I have heard in a long time (Mainstream Wise).

14. Dont Be Afraid
This is quite a good song. Opens with lyrics and is another upbeat house song. You will kind of notice the beat used in the song is used in other songs throughout the album but alot of house DJ’s have a tendency to do that (Benny Benassi). The song did catch my attention and tickle my house bug. I enjoy this song.

15. Take Me Away
This song is quite similar to the rest of the songs on the album. A steady beat with vocals. It is quite comparable to Dont Be Afraid. Not much else to say about it.

16. Love Dont Let Me Go
This is a classic song. It is probably the second best song on the album. It is a good beat intigrated into the song with matching vocals you can only wonder why you arent already listening to this song. This is an excellent way to close on a great cd!

Overall 9/10
I find myself listening to this album constantly, If not listening to the full album I am definately skimming through a good 6-10 songs from the album and throwing them on my playlists. I saw David Guetta live performing this album and it was absolutely incredible. It really is made to get people moving. Its not one of those soft house Albums. This one is made for you to pop in, get up, and dance! I would advise any House music lover to pick up this CD now and you wont regret it. You might regret getting caught dancing in the living room with the windows open but whose to say thats abnormal. You can just say you were playing Wii Fit!.

Edit: Finished!
Edit 1: Usher - Here I Stand is the next review up sometime tonight!
Benny Benassi - Rock n Rave will be tomorrow when i purchase it!