Can one spend money to buy happiness? What are your thoughts?
Posted: 01 June 2008 09:44 PM     [ Ignore ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

Can one spend money to buy happiness? We’ve all heard the saying that money can’t buy you happiness, but is it true? In my opinion, I believe that it varies from individuals. The reason is that if someone buys a nice and sweet car and he/she is happy, then it works, doesn’t it? This saying as been with me ever since I heard it and it always makes me all confused and curious. It also depends on how one defines happiness too, so a lot of different answers for this question. What are your thoughts?

Posted: 01 June 2008 10:43 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2008-06-01

It all comes from materials things shouldn’t bring you happiness.  There are a TON of things that should bring you happiness.. A loved one, family, kids, etc.  I’m sorry but someone who says money brings them happiness is pretty shallow.

Posted: 01 June 2008 11:15 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2008-05-31

not necessarily
are you saying buying a new computer wouldnt make you happy?
or a new car or house? hey money makes me happy!
now if ONLY money does thats different
i also have loved ones that do too

Posted: 02 June 2008 10:21 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2008-05-26

Direct answer would be yes,but then there are other ways one can get happines as well.Also those other means doesn’t gaurantee it just like money doesn’t.So it really isn’t important,one can find happiness in anything,i feel.

Posted: 02 June 2008 10:29 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  454
Joined  2008-05-31

Money can’t actually buy happiness. Though, I always think whether it would work for me though.

I’ve been told money is the root to all evil.

Posted: 02 June 2008 10:31 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

but look at places that have no money in the world, theyre dying of hunger and a lack of medication that places like this can only get because of how money has helped us afford funding that helps along the research

Posted: 02 June 2008 10:56 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  171
Joined  2008-05-31

In my opinion, money can’t buy happiness, but it can buy things that bring happiness, like something you’ve always wanted. But the saying goes, “the best things in life are free” (or a song, I don’t know :lol:). We all have different opinions!

- BoogerJay

Posted: 02 June 2008 10:58 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

lol for me the best things in life are so expensive theyre out of my reach XD
imo the free stuff sucks, jus gimme the car :cheese:

Posted: 04 June 2008 08:40 PM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

@Chrisb - Thanks for your opinion and I think it does depend on material goods, that’s what I was thinking about. The reason I asked this question is that I asked a couple of my friends a few weeks ago and we got into a good discussion about it. There sure are things that can make one happy, but I think if you take away the material, what happens then? Does the happiness go away or does it stay? That’s what I have always pondered about.

To everyone else, thank you for your comments/thoughts. This is a question I think will always be one of those questions that people will wonder about and never truly know the answer to. It is all depending on who you ask and other factors such as his/her situation, what he/she defines “happiness” as, the list goes on and on.

Posted: 07 June 2008 12:29 AM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  299
Joined  2008-06-06

I would agree that it would depend on the person. money can buy happiness if your happiness comes from material things as does mine

Posted: 07 June 2008 12:32 AM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

well how else would money make you happy? i dont think that the original question was about money itself, but the things that it buys
but im with you, that it can buy happiness but its not in the same way that family and other loved ones do