What book would you turn into a movie or movie series?
Posted: 31 May 2008 10:29 PM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2008-05-24

My choice would be either the tale of the dragon jousters, by Mercedes Lackey (Joust, Alta, Sanctuary, and Aerie) or the Troy Games Series by Sara Douglass. (Hades Daughter, God’s Concubine, Darkwitch Rising, and Druid’s Sword)

Both are sci-fi fantasy, and have more than enough twists and turns to create a very interesting movie series.

What series of books would you pick, favorite or something you just read, to be made into a movie?

Posted: 01 June 2008 04:18 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2008-06-01

You are going to find this hard to believe, but I think the Hardy Boys books would make a great movie, or even TV show! It could be the new mystery show, instead of watching CSI you could watch The Hardy Boys.

They should take all of the books (nearly 200 of ‘em) and make an episode out of each one. I think that would be one hit TV show!

Posted: 01 June 2008 07:51 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

Oh, that is hard! Hmmm…..I haven’t read a lot of books lately, but I would have to say maybe some more Stephen King movies. They are totally awesome and I love his books. Carrie and Cujo were so crazy and entertaining movies that has haunted me for a long time now.

Posted: 01 June 2008 08:32 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2008-04-30

Ala-u-ddin and Genie, its my most favorite.

Posted: 01 June 2008 10:42 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2008-05-26

Some more of J. R. R. Tolkien ‘s works.He wrote lots of stuff,and many are already made in movies,would like to see more of any of his stuff.

Posted: 06 June 2008 09:06 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  299
Joined  2008-06-06

I would say Christopher Pike Spooksville books. they are an all time favorite of mine. each book is a mini episode.

Posted: 06 June 2008 09:30 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2008-05-26

I would say Stephen King’s novels, i really want his book CELL made into a movie, it was a book that i got hocked onto. The content was very great and it was very interesting.

Posted: 18 September 2010 10:36 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-09-18

[youtube]<object width=“480” height=“385”><param name=“movie” value=“http://www.youtube.com/v/FRIbaFtrxIs?fs=1&hl=en_US”></param></param></param><embed src=“http://www.youtube.com/v/FRIbaFtrxIs?fs=1&hl=en_US” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” allowscriptaccess=“always” allowfullscreen=“true” width=“480” height=“385”></embed></object>[/youtube]

I recommend the Bialien trilogy as the next movie series!  I’ve been reading this novel for

the past 40 days and it is an amazing novel…i feel so lucky to

be friends with such a talented writer….i was looking for a new

sci-fi novel back in june and ran a search on google for Aliens

and the Andromeda galaxy, and this Bialien website came up (http://www.bialien.com).  I read the full synopsis on the first page and I was hooked…i ordered my paperback copy of the novel right away…I started reading it in August.

...The author directs and designs his own illustrations.  The author vlane carter has a very amazing imagination. 
He came up with so many mindboggling action sequences, romance sequences and kept me glued to the novel. 
The novel reads as if you were watching a movie.  The author used present tense to keep the reader right with the main character….present tense also comes in handy when the aliens are communicating telepathic and when Nanotime is used (time happening in slow motion)....

The character development very good, the plot is amazing…..This book is like a futuristic Star Wars and Lawnmowerman together, with a touch of War of the Worlds.  I’m in chapter 23 right now and people are telling me the ending is amazing….i would definetly recommend this novel as the next movie series…. I personally believe this series can be the next blockbusters Matrix.

Get this book or at least read the first few chapters at the bialien website.

If the rest of his books are as good as this one, i can picture

him being the next George Lucus in the next coming years.

Pam Caldwell

p.s. feel free to add me as a friend on facebook and i’ll be more than happy to talk about this cool book….

Posted: 18 September 2010 10:38 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-09-18

[youtube]<object width=“480” height=“385”><param name=“movie” value=“http://www.youtube.com/v/FRIbaFtrxIs?fs=1&hl=en_US”></param></param></param><embed src=“http://www.youtube.com/v/FRIbaFtrxIs?fs=1&hl=en_US” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” allowscriptaccess=“always” allowfullscreen=“true” width=“480” height=“385”></embed></object>[/youtube]

I recommend the Bialien trilogy as the next movie series!  I’ve been reading this novel for

the past 40 days and it is an amazing novel…i feel so lucky to

be friends with such a talented writer….i was looking for a new

sci-fi novel back in june and ran a search on google for Aliens

and the Andromeda galaxy, and this Bialien website came up (http://www.bialien.com).  I read the full synopsis on the first page and I was hooked…i ordered my paperback copy of the novel right away…I started reading it in August.

...The author directs and designs his own illustrations.  The author vlane carter has a very amazing imagination. 
He came up with so many mindboggling action sequences, romance sequences and kept me glued to the novel. 
The novel reads as if you were watching a movie.  The author used present tense to keep the reader right with the main character….present tense also comes in handy when the aliens are communicating telepathic and when Nanotime is used (time happening in slow motion)....

The character development very good, the plot is amazing…..This book is like a futuristic Star Wars and Lawnmowerman together, with a touch of War of the Worlds.  I’m in chapter 23 right now and people are telling me the ending is amazing….i would definetly recommend this novel as the next movie series…. I personally believe this series can be the next blockbusters Matrix.

Get this book or at least read the first few chapters at the bialien website.

If the rest of his books are as good as this one, i can picture

him being the next George Lucus in the next coming years.

Pam Caldwell

p.s. feel free to add me as a friend on facebook and i’ll be more than happy to talk about this cool book….