Canucks’ Luc Bourdon killed in motorcycle crash
Posted: 31 May 2008 12:06 PM     [ Ignore ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

SHIPPAGAN, New Brunswick (AP) ? Luc Bourdon, a promising rookie defenseman with the Vancouver Canucks, was killed Thursday when his motorcycle struck a tractor-trailer in a crash near his hometown. He was 21. His death was confirmed by sister Eve Bourdon and stepmother Maryse Godin. Both declined further comment when reached at the family’s home in Shippagan. Police wouldn’t confirm the identity of the victim but said a motorcyclist was killed in the early afternoon on a road between Shippagan and Lameque.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gDstcS36PIGAwMiV3E5Daz_ACAtgD90VJK3G2

I heard about this when it was on the front page of Yahoo! and it is such a terrible and sad tragedy. He was so young and my thoughts go out to his family. The NHL has stated that Bourdon will be honored with a moment of silence before tonight’s Stanley Cup game.

Posted: 01 June 2008 08:56 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2008-04-30

Its really bad news.

Posted: 04 June 2008 08:43 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31

That’s really sad to hear :(
I am not a huge NHL fan, but I hate to see young, promising players go this early in life… I guess the same would be for anyone who dies at this young of an age.  I can’t even imagine what his family is going thought right now :(