On Gear Live: Technology Access Foundation Students Visit Capital One to Talk Tech Careers

Arrested Development season 4 netflix

Netflix is set to launch the new season of Arrested Development on May 26th, just three Sundays from now. Arrested Deelopment aired on Fox between 2003 and 2006, and was one of those shows plagued by low ratings, which later developed a massive following through DVD sales. Fans have been waiting for almost seven years for some sort of movie or series continuation (a la Family Guy and Futurama) since then, and now that time is upon us.

Netflix will release all 15 30-minute episodes of Arrested Development season 4 on May 26th, and they'll be a Netflix exclusive.

Gallery: Arrested Development season 4 hits Netflix on May 26


Advertisement

Glee

Glee has been renewed for two more seasons. The musical/comedy show has been confirmed for series five and six after impressing Fox bosses with its ratings in its fourth season.

"Glee debuted as the first and only successful musical comedy series on television, and more than four years later, it continues to defy genres, break new ground and have a significant impact on popular culture. Week in and week out, Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk, Ian Brennan, Dante DiLoreto and the entire Glee team deliver a series that not only delights and surprises fans, but also inspires them to talk about, share, debate and engage with the show and I'm absolutely thrilled to have them on board for another two seasons," said Fox president Kevin Reilly.

Click to continue reading ‘Glee’ Renewed for Two More Seasons

Gallery: ‘Glee’ Renewed for Two More Seasons


Christopher AbbottChristopher Abbott has quit Girls after clashing with Lena Dunham. The actor - who played Charlie in the HBO show - has left after reportedly falling out with the creator as they began work on season three.

"They've just started work on season three, and Chris is at odds with Lena. He didn't like the direction things are going in, which seems a bit odd since the show put him on the map," a source told Page Six.

However, Christopher's representative insists he left Girls in order to focus on "other projects." The representative said, "[Chris] is grateful for the experience of collaborating with Lena, Judd [Apatow], and the entire Girls cast and crew, but right now he's working on numerous other projects and has decided not to return to the show."

Lena recently revealed she is excited about season three and wants to extend its run from 10 to 12 episodes. "We're starting season three at the end of March. I'm so excited. I would love that [to have 12 episodes instead of 10] I think that a little more would be just a little more storytelling real estate, and it would be amazing. But you know, so I shoot four-and-a-half months out of the year, then I'm editing, then I'm doing press, then I'm writing, then I'm back."

Gallery: ‘Girls’ Star Quits After Clashing with Lena Dunham


The FollowingThe Following has been renewed for a second season. The serial killer drama - which stars Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy - has been picked up by Fox thanks to its high ratings for season one.

"From the very beginning, we felt Kevin Williamson and Marcos Siega had created a high-quality, edge-of-your-seat drama that could break from the pack, and it is exciting to see the audience responding. Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy have given us two of the most compelling characters on television and the entire cast is incredible. I'm delighted to have this thrill ride continue on Fox for another season," Fox entertainment chairman Kevin Reilly in a statement.

Fox has also renewed comedies New Girl, The Mindy Project and Raising Hope, with Mr. Reilly adding, "These shows are creatively vibrant, they have established a loyal and passionate audience and they will continue to define and grow the Fox comedy brand next season and beyond."

Gallery: ‘The Following’ Renewed for Second Season


Kim KardashianKim Kardashian insists reality TV is still her "number one priority."

The 32-year-old star - who is pregnant with her first child with rapper Kanye West - has announced she will continue to film the E! series Keeping Up With The Kardashians until "at least season 10," despite recently hinting that she wants to live a more private life once their baby arrives in July.

Kim attempted to clarify her plans on her blog on Wednesday, writing, "As everyone knows, we are extremely proud of the show and all of us are staying on through at least season 10. The show remains to be my number one priority and it's a big part of my life and I enjoy every moment of it. It has given me such a rare opportunity to share more of my life with all of you and has brought my family closer to each other. I'm looking forward to the new season and beyond. The fact is that I have many goals that I still need to reach and accomplish and I (like so many of you) don't know where my life will be in the next couple of years, but I'm looking forward to continuing this journey."

Click to continue reading Kim Kardashian’s TV Show Is Still Her Top Priority

Gallery: Kim Kardashian’s TV Show Is Still Her Top Priority


Downton AbbeyDownton Abbey will return for a fourth season. ITV has commissioned the show - which takes place in the early 20th century - for eight new episodes plus a feature length Christmas special with filming set to begin in February 2013.

"Viewers can look forward to more drama, comedy, love, hatred, jealousy, rivalry, ambition, despair and romance," said Gareth Neame, Managing Director of Carnival Films, the show's makers and Executive Producer of Downton Abbey.

Laura Mackie, Director of Drama at ITV, added, "We're thrilled to welcome back a drama series that has become a much anticipated part of all our lives every autumn and achieved success around the globe."

Gareth and Laura both credit creator Julian Fellowes with Downton Abbey's extraordinary success and revealed the new series will introduce more new characters.

Click to continue reading Downton Abbey Renewed for Fourth Season

Gallery: Downton Abbey Renewed for Fourth Season


American Horror Story: AsylumAmerican Horror Story has been renewed for a third series.

The show - created by Glee showrunner Ryan Murphy and featuring Zachary Quinto, Jenna Dewan Tatum and Adam Levine - will return for a new 13-episode season in 2013. "With American Horror Story: Asylum, [executive producers] Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk have raised the bar in every way from Murder House. And their original idea -- the notion of doing an anthological series of miniseries with a repertory cast - has proven groundbreaking, wildly successful and will prove to be trendsetting," FX president John Landgraf said in a statement.

Season two Asylum is up 19 per cent in viewers over Murder House.

Zachary recently revealed he was thrilled he decided to return for American Horror Story: Asylum. The star was initially hesitant about returning to the series which this year changed location and characters from a haunted Los Angeles mansion to an institution for the criminally insane in the 1960s, but is delighted Ryan talked him into it. "I was [hesitant]. But once Ryan explained to me what he wanted to do, and we talked about how all of us would play different characters, it became infinitely more appealing to me. I'm so glad I decided to double down," he explained.

Gallery: American Horror Story to Return for Third Season


After waiting for more than a year after British crime thriller Luther's season two finale aired, fans finally get word about season three - à la YouTube Q&A.

In the clip, the folks behind the show reveal that the hit show will begin filming the season's four episodes this month and that everyone's favorite female killer Alice might return. There's no word yet as to an expected air date, but they assure fans in the clip that "it will be worth the wait."

Read More | Vulture

Gallery: Season 3 of Luther Is Finally in Production


CommunitySchool will be back in session for Community cast members this upcoming February.

The NBC series - which looked to be in trouble earlier when the network pulled the series from its original season premiere on October 19 - will return to the small screen on Thursday, February 7 at 8 p.m., its previous time slot. The show will replace the slot currently occupied by 30 Rock.

Season four will be - unlike previous seasons - thirteen episodes and without series creator Dan Harmon behind the scenes as showrunner. Writers David Guarascio and Moses Port (co-creators of Aliens in America) will instead take Harmon's place.

Read More | The Hollywood Reporter

Gallery: Community Scheduled to Return to NBC


The X FactorThe X Factor has been renewed for a third season.

Fox has announced its talent show will run for a third series and judge Simon Cowell - who quit the UK version of the show to set up the American program - insists he is "so proud" of The X Factor and praised the show's fans for all their support.

The music mogul - who sits alongside L.A. Reid, Britney Spears and Demi Lovato on the panel - said in a statement, "I couldn't be happier about The X Factor already being renewed for another season. I am so proud of the show and the team who have made it this season. I want to thank our incredible sponsors for their support and creativity, and Fox for going out of their way to do everything they can to make this show a success. Most importantly, I have to personally thank our amazing fans for the support and enthusiasm they have given to The X Factor."

Click to continue reading X Factor Renewed for Third Season

Gallery: X Factor Renewed for Third Season


Advertisement