On Gear Live: ZTE Tempo X Smartphone Giveaway!

Tom MisonAlthough the story of Sleepy Hollow has been revisted many times before, FOX picked up a series that has managed to provide an interesting take on the tale as well as engaging viewers with a humorous man-out-of-time protagonist and his very own kick-a**, Scully-esque, WOC partner. Tom Mison, who portrays Ichabod Crane in the series, took some time to chat about what fans can expect in the rest of the first season.

When questioned about his character continuing to wear 18th century garb, Mison explained that the topic will be addressed very soon: "He’s a long way from home, and 250 years away from home so anything that he can hold on to from his time, I think he certainly will. Any time you think of how much he stinks, just think of it as a big stinking security blanket that he carries around with him."

So far, Crane has appeared as either brave yet courteous or curious and innocent in the modern day, but Mison promises that we will indeed see another side of him: "There are different sides to him, and equally the well behaved and the less well behaved; the more unhinged Ichabod. There’s plenty of that to come."

Click to continue reading ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Star Hints at What’s to Come

Read More | The Hollywood Reporter

Gallery: ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Star Hints at What’s to Come


Advertisement

Simon CowellSimon Cowell could be set to leave The X Factor.

The 54-year-old media mogul is a judge on the singing contest - which is his brainchild - however he could be planning to leave the show since it is pulling in fewer viewers than in previous years - with the live show on Tuesday night, attracting only 4.8 million viewers. The drop in numbers could force bosses to lower the budget on the series, meaning Simon will walk away and back onto the judging panel of the UK version of the talent show.

"People have talked as if it is all over for The X Factor, but that's not the case at all. It is true that ratings are down but it still does well with younger viewers if it was to come back next year it would have to have a lower budget. Simon leaving the show would allow a cheaper panel to be introduced - and give him the time to be reunited with the British show," an insider said.

The X Factor is currently in its third season with the winner awarded a $1 million recording contract with Simon's label Syco, however, in the previous two series' it was worth $5 million. Simon is currently on the judging panel alongside Demi Lovato, Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio, and he is mentoring the groups category.

Gallery: Simon Cowell to Leave ‘X Factor’?


Charmed+ Octavia Spencer has been cast as the lead for the upcoming NBC remake of Murder, She Wrote. While on the one hand I'm rejoicing that there's one more woman of color starring in a network program, I can't help but worry that TV is going to fall into Hollywood's current habit of incessantly choosing to produce remakes over original shows.

+ Speaking of unoriginal television, it has only been 7 years since Charmed aired its final episode, but apparently executives over at CBS think that it should already be rebooted. I guess perhaps this is the price we pay for American Horror Story: Coven being so damn good.

+ Apparently people are still tuning into MTV shows, because the former music video network has renewed Catfish for another season. I suppose it beats putting out another show involving teenagers and their unplanned pregnancies.

(American Horror Story: Coven spoilers after the jump!)

Click to continue reading TV Scoop: ‘Murder’ and ‘Charmed’ Reboots, ‘Catfish’ Renewed

Gallery: TV Scoop: ‘Murder’ and ‘Charmed’ Reboots, ‘Catfish’ Renewed


Jayma MaysJayma Mays says it wasn't her choice to leave Glee.

The redheaded beauty announced her departure from the long-running musical comedy earlier this year, but has now admitted the show's creators decided to write out her beloved character Emma Pillsbury: "It wasn't my choice. The creators decided to do it. We knew it was coming last year. Some other characters will also be leaving this season. It's very sad to be going, but I understand why they do it. It's about getting new blood into the show. I really enjoyed playing Emma. I don't know how I'm written out yet. I'm so curious."

Jayma recently appeared in Glee's emotional tribute to late leading actor Cory Monteith - who died from an overdose of heroin and alcohol in July - and she recalls the emotional atmosphere on set while making the episode. "It's been really hard. We just filmed his memorial episode and it was a very difficult thing to do. Just being there, you felt the absence of a friend and co-worker. It's been a very sad and difficult year for everyone," she explained.

Gallery: Jayma Mays: ‘Glee’ Departure Wasn’t My Choice


Ryan MurphyGlee will end after its sixth season, creator Ryan Murphy has announced. The writer says the next series of the musical TV show will be the last and he has revealed he had already penned the final scenes which would have featured Lea Michele and Cory Monteith - who were a couple in real life - playing on-screen lovers Rachel Berry and Finn Hudson.

Following Cory's sad death in July from a heroin and alcohol overdose, Ryan has had to re-think the focus of the final series Speaking at the Paley Center in Los Angeles at an event honoring the FX Network last night, Ryan said, "The final year of the show, which will be next year, was designed around Rachel and Cory/Finn's story. I always knew that, I always knew how it would end. I knew what the last shot was, he was in it. I knew what the last line was, she said it to him."

Like everyone associated with Glee', Ryan is still in shock over Cory's death at the age of just 31 and he admits he's yet to come up with a new storyline for the final run: "When a tragedy like that happens you sort of have to pause and figure out what you want to do, so we're figuring that out now," said the 47 year-old showrunner.

Click to continue reading ‘Glee’ Creator Says Season 6 Will Be Its Last

Gallery: ‘Glee’ Creator Says Season 6 Will Be Its Last


Simon CowellSimon Cowell is to sing on X Factor.

The music mogul is persuaded to show off his vocal talents by fellow talent show judge Kelly Rowland during auditions in Denver, Colorado, after being less than impressed with one wannabe's attempt at singing 1940s classic "Fools Rush In." Following the hopeful's rendition, judge Demi Lovato told them, "You would sound like what Simon sounds like when he sings."

Kelly then urged the 53-year-old star, who branded the auditions the "worst" day of try-outs ever, to sing the same song. Simon, who has always vowed to never sing in public, obliged and was praised by fellow judges Paulina Rubio and Demi, who said his rendition was "charming."

Kelly added, "I knew that voice was always there."

Gallery: Simon Cowell to Sing on ‘X Factor’


Sofia VergaraSofia Vergara has been named the highest paid US TV actress for a second year running.

The Modern Family star reportedly earned a whopping $30 million between June 2012 and June 2013, from both her role on the hit sitcom and numerous endorsement deals, which is more than double the income of her closest rival, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit actress Mariska Hargitay. The Colombian beauty is thought to have commanded big bucks from mega-deals with companies including Diet Pepsi and Kmart due to her popularity in Latin America, a growing market in the business world. Sofia, 38, has her own clothing line with supermarket chain Kmart - for which she was paid a staggering $7 million advance - as well as deals with the soft drinks company, furniture chain Rooms to Go, cosmetics brand Covergirl, Comcast, State Farm Insurance and more.

The brunette beauty's $30 million windfall puts her comfortably ahead of Mariska, 49, who earned $11 million over the last year, according to financial magazine Forbes.

Click to continue reading Sofia Vergara Named Highest Paid US TV Actress

Gallery: Sofia Vergara Named Highest Paid US TV Actress


Jennifer LopezJennifer Lopez has been confirmed as returning to American Idol.

The "On The Floor" singer will be joined by singer Harry Connick Jr. and returning judge Keith Urban when the show comes back for its 13th season next year. The 44-year-old pop star is coming back to the panel after appearing as a member in 2011 and 2012 and will command a hefty pay cheque, thought to total as much as $17.5 million.

Randy Jackson, who retired from his role as judge earlier this year, will still appear, but as an in-house mentor to acts.

Describing the judging panel, Kevin Reilly - Chairman of Entertainment at network Fox - said, "Jennifer Lopez, the triple-threat global superstar who loves and whom Idol fans love; Harry Connick Jr., a bona-fide musical genius and fantastic Idol mentor whose honesty and expertise can help turn these hopefuls into stars; Keith Urban, a multi-Grammy-winning artist who was such a positive force on the show last season. We are also very excited to have our friend Randy Jackson now in a new role as mentor, and the captain of our team - the heart and soul of 'Idol' - Ryan Seacrest returning as host."

Gallery: Jennifer Lopez’s ‘American Idol’ Return Confirmed


Dr. LukeBritney Spears and Katy Perry's music producer has officially signed on as the third judge on American Idol.

Dr. Luke, whose real name is Lukasz Gottwald, has nabbed the final spot to appear on the judging panel alongside Keith Urban and Jennifer Lopez on the show's upcoming 13th season.

A source told E! News that the 39-year-old musician, who is responsible for creating hits such as Katy's "California Gurls," Kesha's "Tick Tok," Britney's "Hold It Against Me," as well as Miley Cyrus' new track "Wrecking Ball," finalized his deal with FOX this week.

The American producer was reportedly approached to take the job after Justin Bieber's manager Scooter Braun, rapper Kanye West and Black Eyed Peas star will.i.am turned down the opportunity. P. Diddy also allegedly turned down American Idol because he didn't want to work with Jennifer.

Gallery: Britney Spears’ Producer to Be ‘American Idol’ Judge


Tina FeyGood news comes for those still mourning the end of 30 Rock: Tina Fey's latest comedy project has been scooped up by Fox!

After having been fought over by several major television networks, the multicamera comedy series - a straight-to-series order hailing from Universal Television - ended up at Fox.

30 Rock alum Matt Hubbard is set to write the untitled series - which takes place at a women's college that begins to allow men to attend for the first time - as well as joining other 30 Rock alums Fey, Robert Carlock, and David Miner as executive producers. Fey is not expected to star in the series.

The upcoming series joins The Mindy Project and Andy Samberg's Brooklyn Nine-Nine as Universal Television-produced shows airing on Fox.

Read More | The Hollywood Reporter

Gallery: Fox Picks Up New Tina Fey Series


Advertisement