On Gear Live: Technology Access Foundation Students Visit Capital One to Talk Tech Careers

Wednesday November 27, 2013 4:09 am

Alec Baldwin’s Talk Show Cancelled

Alec BaldwinAlec Baldwin's talk show has been officially axed.

The 55-year-old actor's late night MSNBC series Up Late has been cancelled after claims the former 30 Rock actor made a homophobic slur against a photographer earlier this month. A spokesperson for Alec and MSNBC issued the following statement to UsMagazine.com: "We are jointly confirming that Up Late will not continue on MSNBC. This is a mutual parting and we wish Alec all the best."

The star reportedly called a paparazzo a "c**ksucking f*g" hours after winning a court case against his stalker in New York, but he later insisted he had called the man a "fat head." An insider told the New York Post's Page Six that executives were not impressed by his behavior and decided to cancel his show on Tuesday. "The decision has been made. He's gone. The [parent company] Comcast guys have decided. Word is spreading through the building," the source said.

The chat show was suspended from the Friday night slot two weeks ago and Alec admitted in a blog post at the time that the future of his talk show was unclear. "Whether the show comes back at all is an issue right now," he wrote.

Gallery: Alec Baldwin's Talk Show Cancelled

Advertisement

Advertisement

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

Advertisement