Sure, we've given you a list of our top 10 most popular stories of 2013, but we figured we'd go a bit more broad than that. We also thought it would be interesting to give you a look at the top ten most read stories on this site this year, period, regardless of what year they were posted. We must say, we're just as surprised as you are at what did (and didn't) make the list! For example, you guys seem to really like Apple. Here we go:
- Sleeptracker Watch review: This one focuses on a watch that tracks your sleep data and aims to wake you up when you are in your lightest phase of sleep. The result is that you wake up feeling more rested, and more refreshed.
- Flash on iPhone is just around the corner: This five-year-old article made it's way back after being linked to by John Gruber of Daring Fireball. Since then we've learned that just because it's in testing behind closed doors, doesn't mean that it's going to make it's way to public release. Also, John, why couldn't you have linked to when we broke what was the biggest Apple software leak of the decade?
- Mod your Xbox without a mod chip: This is an all-time favorite of our readers. It dropped out of the top 10 last year, but has reappeared for 2013.
- Apparently that Xbox 360 Red Ring of Doom issue hasn't been fixed
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks Developer Preview 3 now available
- How To Mod Your iPhone on Windows Using iBrickr
- Apple releases iOS 7 beta 2 with iPad support: iOS 7 beta 1 supported the iPhone and iPod touch only. When beta 2 arrived with iPad support, many were excited.
- TiVo out-of-home remote streaming arrives on Roamio Plus, Roamio Pro DVRs: We'd been waiting for this feature for a long, long time, and it is finally here.
- Exclusive details on the next Nike+ FuelBand: We got exclusive details on the new Nike+ FuelBand months before its release.
- iPhone 5s review: Our review of Apple's flagship smartphone for 2013.
We've also compiled a list of the stories that have dropped out of the top ten between 2012 and 2013, which you can check out after the jump, and don't miss the ten most popular Gear Live videos of 2013 either!
The iPhone 5 is the most beautiful iPhone that Apple has released to date (seriously - check our iPhone 5 review!) Since our review features both the white & silver model and the black & slate model, we've been getting questions about which is "better." The thing is, it's all a matter of opinion, although the black model is a bit more susceptible to scratches and scuffs. Since some people don't have an Apple Store nearby where they can check out the two color options for themselves, we've put together an iPhone 5 White vs. Black photo gallery. Check it out, as we have a bunch of comparison shots for your perousal. Let us know what you decide!
Remember those images of the black iPhone 5 clone that we featured a couple of weeks ago? Well, now we've got some video footage taking a look at a white iPhone 5 clone. It's the same form factor as the black phone, and we're pretty sure that this is what the iPhone 5 is going to end up looking like when Apple finally takes the stage to introduce their next smartphone. However, we are still holding out hope for a larger display, and the software on these clones is pretty bad. What do you think?