The sun will set on 2014 in just a few hours, and we are just in time with our annual top 10 list of the most-watched Gear Live video episodes. Over the past year, as expected, there was a bunch of Apple gear that made the list, with the release of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. The launch of the WWE Network was also groundbreaking, and our walkthrough proved to be the second most popular video of the year. Other items, like a tutorial on upgrading Xbox One controllers, a look at the Fitbit Force, and a how-to on installing the Nest Protect also proved popular as well.
Here's a look at the Space Gray iPhone 6 in our latest episode of Unboxing Live! We open up the smaller of the two new iPhone 6 models, giving you a look at everything in the box (spoiler: Lightning cable, AC adapter, and Earpods headphones) along with a tour of the 4.7-inch smartphone itself. We've already opened up the gold iPhone 6 Plus, which you should check out as well if you want to get a look at the gold finish.
Pick up your own iPhone 6 from Apple!
Apple has released the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, and we were on hand at the Apple Store in Lynnwood, WA at the Alderwood Mall to get our hands on one of the first units (and one of the very few gold iPhone 6 Plus models that were in stock.) We open up the new iPhone 6 Plus in this episode of Unboxing Live, and give you a look at the 5.5-inch smartphone in all its glory, along with all included accessories.
If I seemed tired in this one, it's because I arrived at 9:00pm the night before the iPhone went on sale, and this video was recorded 16(!!!) hours later when I finally had the device in-hand and ready to unbox.
Pick up your own iPhone 6 Plus from Apple!
In this episode we open up the Nespresso VertuoLine single-serve coffeemaker. This is the latest innovation from Nespresso, which features new bar code technology that tells the coffeemaker how quick to brew the coffee and at what temperature, depending on the flavor chosen. We open it up in this episode and give you a look at the appliance.
Here are the Nespresso VertuoLine features:
- Fully automatic machine uses a revolutionary new brewing technology for traditional Italian espresso beverages and classic American coffee.
- Advanced, ultra-quiet Centrifusion technology relies on centrifugal force to gently and precisely brew coffee and espresso -- both topped with a natural amber crema for the deepest, most complex flavor and richest aroma.
- Computerized scanning system reads the bar code on your Nespresso VertuoLine capsule, ensuring precision blend-specific brewing for your desired beverage.
- Works exclusively with Nespresso's new premium VertuoLine capsules (12 are included -- eight coffee and four espresso).
- Brews one or two cups of coffee (7.77 oz.) or espresso (1.35 oz.), all with one-touch convenience.
- Machine heats up quickly, reaching optimal brewing temperatures in 15-20 seconds.
- Adjustable tray accommodates cups of various sizes (from small cups to travel mugs).
- Used capsules are automatically ejected and collected in a built-in container.
- Energy-saving function turns the machine off automatically after 9 minutes of inactivity.
- Descaling alert lets you know when it's time to descale your machine.
Pick up your own Nespresso VertuoLine on Amazon!
The HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G1 aims to change the face of the business laptop. As you'll see in this episode of Unboxing Live, the Elitebook Folio 1040 G1 looks much more like a premium consumer-grade notebook as opposed to the typically more boring business models. It's super-thin and light at 3.3 pounds, and even has an SSD for quick read and write data. Check out the video for the full rundown. You can pick up your own HP EliteBook 1040 G1 here.
We bring you a look at the LG G Flex smartphone in this episode of Unboxing Live. The device sports the obvious gorgeous, curved OLED 720p display, which is actually flexible to 180 degrees and also features self-healing material on the rear casing. For real. Other specs include the inclusion of a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 mobile processor, 2 GB of RAM and a 13-megapixel rear camera. We open it up, and show you what's included with the G Flex, and give you a full walkthrough of the device.
In this episode we open up the Nest Protect. Nest Protect is a smoke & carbon monoxide detector from the makers of the Nest Smart Thermostat. It will let you know in plain English that there is a problem in the home, and will also tell you which room it's in. False alarms are easily silenced with a wave. If you have multiple Protect units in your home, they will talk to each other, and they'll even use motion sensor data to alert the Nest Thermostat that there is someone home, so that it knows to keep the temperature to where you like it to be.
We will follow-up with a setup video, and an installation video of the Nest Protect as well, following this unboxing!
The Drobo 5N is the latest network-attached storage device from the folks at Data Robotics. We are big Drobo fans at Gear Live, and we decided to move from the previous Drobo NAS, the Drobo FS, over to the newer Drobo 5N.
The 5N has 5 drive bays, allowing you to choose single or dual drive failure modes. This means that you can have either one or two drives completely fail, and still keep all of the data that is stored on the Drobo.
We open it up and give you a look. If you like wha tyou see, you can pick up your own Drobo 5N.
I give you a look at the new HTC One (M8) smartphone in this episode of Unboxing Live. The M8 is the follow-up to my favorite Android phone of last year, the HTC One (see our original HTC One video review.) I open it up and give you a tour of the smartphone, which boasts impressive specs and some of the nicest hardware out there on a smartphone.
Want your own? Get the HTC One M8 from these carriers:
- 5-inch 1080p display
- Quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor
- 16GB capacity
- HTC UltraPixel camera
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- 5-megapixel wide angle front camera
- Android Jelly Bean with HTC Sense
- HTC BoomSound dual front stereo speakers
- 2600mAh battery
In this episode of Unboxing Live we open up the Nokia Lumia 2520 Windows tablet.The Lumia 2520 runs the latest version of Windows RT 8.1 right out of the box, and has a large, 10.1-inch 1080p display.
You can pick up the Nokia Lumia 2520 here:
Here are the Nokia Lumia 2520 specs:
- 6.7-megapixel rear camera
- 10.1-inch 1080p display
- Quad-core 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800
- 32 GB storage
- USB 3.0
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Battery capacity: 8120 mAh
- 2GB RAM
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.