If you like your USB toys a bit less animated than the Tengu, you might consider the peacefulness of this little USB Owl. With a mini-weight of only 3.40kg, he blinks and rolls his eyes and rotates his head just like a real one, well almost. In case he doesn’t like just sitting on your tower or speaker, a tree-stump is provided. Pre-order this bit of wisdom for your cutesy USB creatures collection from Thumbs Up for £12.99 (~$26.00.)
Read More | Thumbs Up
Hasbro was present at the NY Toy Fair this week, displaying its new Nerf toys. Included in the line is their Switch Shot EX-3. The device not only works as a Wii Shooter gun, it doubles as a dart blaster with a module that inserts into its remote slot. You can stow two darts in the lower half of the barrel, which also keeps an N-Strike accessory rail. Arriving in the 3rd Quarter of 2008, you will be able to get a Switch Shot for ~$15.00 or purchase one packed with the upcoming N-Strike game for Nintendo DS (no price determined thus far.)
Read More | Crave
RC cars are no longer confined to the ground. Air Hogs’ Zero Gravity Micro Car can drive on any smooth surface, whether it is the floor, wall, or ceiling. It features a 2-inch turning circle and the company claims that it is faster and quieter than its 1st generation Gravity Hummer. As a Valentines Day gift, the red car is perfect for a loved one for £29.99 (~$59.00). He/she will be so excited you might even get to share. While the Micro Car will not be available until this July, you can still print the image and sneakily insert it into a large box of chocolate candy.
Remember Gizmo? Modeled after the 1984 star of the movie “Gremlins,” you can now own one. Give him a little love and he will hum and rock a bit like any good Mogwai does. While we are pretty sure he does not have Howie Mandel’s voice (who did it in the original flick,) he certainly looks lifelike. Just remember not to feed him after midnight or get him wet. Gizmo is 18 x 29 cm, needs 2 AA batteries (included,) and can be yours for DKK 229,00 (~$44.00.)
Read More | Gadgets.dk
We loved our old Etch-a-Sketch and were thrilled to find out it is now available in a mini-version with usable rubber grips that we can pass off as a ballpoint pen at work (because it is.) Also available is a mini-Operation Pen with the same obnoxious noise and nose that lights up just as in the original if you miss. Included are batteries and miniscule tweezers. The pens use standard D-1 mini ballpoint refills and at only $5.50, you can get some for some of your tiny fingered co-workers.
Read More | Vat 19
See, it’s stuff like this that absolutely blows us away. We’ve seen a lot of people do some interesting things with LEGOs in the past, but we think this recreation of the Zanzibar map from Halo 2 may take the cake. This was done by a college student who seemingly had way too much time on his hands.
After nearly two years of building and thousands of dollars sunk into my project, it’s finished. This is my latest video which details how I made my famous Lego model of Zanzibar from it’s very first stage, to the now near completed form. I wanted to make this video so that everyone will get the facts straight. I originally sent the picture and video files that you’ll see in this video to Bungie Studios where they incorporated them into the Halo 3 Legendary edition bonus disk.
Check the video for the full scoop, and prepare to be amazed.
Posted by Edie Sellers Categories: Corporate News, E3, Electronic Arts, Hot Deals, Microsoft, Mods/Hacks, Nintendo DS, PC, PlayStation 3, Politics, Release Dates, Reviews, Rumors, Square Enix, Survival Horror, Take2, Third Person Shooters, Xbox 360, Xbox Live, Xbox Live Arcade, GamerAndy
Yes, 100 percent less Andy this episode, as he’s in L.A. for a CoD4 event. Instead, Edie and Hawkes cover the week’s gaming news and go off on wild tangents. On the plus side, this episode may be Andy-free, but it has 100 percent MORE of Hawkes’ cat.
- The unusually large amount of games released this week, including The Darkness and The Bigs.
- Toys ‘R Us is holding a 3-for-2 sale on Nintendo DS games until this Saturday. U Bai Now!
- Microsoft sues Immersion back. If you can’t take it, don’t deal it!
- New York Times reporter plays Manhunt 2 and deems it less violent than R-rated horror movies. Hypocracy much?
- The new Hitman movie trailer… and yes, we blew it. It’s Agent 47. Stoopid internets.
- Square Enix says on one hand that it’s not releasing any games for PS3 until April 2008 at the very earliest. Then it says, baby, I’m sorry. The PS3 really is the only console it could ever love. Why does watching these two feel like family-night at Ike and Tina Turner’s place.
- A group of psychologists want to label video games as an addictive substance. Someone’s been sucking on the lead popsicles again….
- Larry Flint had hoped to fire the entire staff of Tips and Tricks magazine while they were all at E3. Too bad he fired the freelancers a week early and they told the staff. Don’t you hate when being a nice guy blows a really great evil plan? And isn’t it ironic that the guy who built his empire on other people s*cking c*ocks turns out to the the biggest c*cks*ucker of them all?
- Shadowrun for Vista has been cracked to run on XP. And there was much rejoicing. (yaaay!)
- Lyndon LaRouch, notorious conspiracy theorist and gay hater, and his merry band of crazy geezers are ticked because the final report on the Virginia Tech massacre doesn’t mention video games—despite the fact there’s been no evidence the shooter ever played games. LaRouch figures it’s… wait for it… A CONSPIRACY!!
Ed. Note: Edie apologizes to for mistaking LaRouche as a guy who was notorious for anti-gay legislation. Actually, he is the freak who tried to get anti-gay legislation passed by California voters back in the 1980s that would have quarentined gays to prevent AIDS. I knew he smelled crazy…
- The 100th episode of Red vs. Blue! Gratz, guys!
Off-topic hits include Paris Hilton, porn (again), the iPhone, how to properly prepare for a night of binge drinking, Andy’s impending move, and… did we mention Hawkes’ cat?
If you want to hear it? Go get subscibe on iTunes already… ya slacker.