Apple has released an updated version of iPhoto '11, version 9.3, and you can download it now from the Mac App Store or Software Update. the update brings with it AVCHD support, the ability to open Aperture 3.3 or later libraries, and a few other ehancements. We're guessing it's also tooled to look fantastic on the new MacBook Pro with Retina display.
Read More | iTunes
The 10.7.4 update is recommended for all OS X Lion users and includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac including fixes that:
- Resolve an issue where the “Reopen windows when logging back in” setting is always enabled
- Improve compatibility with certain British third-party USB keyboards
- Address an issue that may prevent files from being saved to a server
- Improve the reliability of copying files to an SMB server
You can grab the update now by using Software Update!
Apple has released iOS 5.1.1 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, and with it comes various bug fixes and improvements. According to Apple, you should expect the following:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using Lock Screen shortcut.
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks.
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances.
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List.
- Fixes an issue where "Unable to Purchase" alert could be displayed after successful purchase.
iOS 5.1 was released two months ago, right before the release of the new iPad. You can grab iOS 5.1.1 by going into the Software Update option within the Settings app on your device, or you can connect your device to iTunes and do it there.
Read More | Apple
- Fixes several issues that may cause iTunes to unexpectedly quit while playing videos, changing artwork size in Grid view, and syncing photos to devices.
- Addresses an issue where some iTunes interface elements are incorrectly described by VoiceOver and WindowEyes.
- Fixes a problem where iTunes may become unresponsive while syncing iPod nano or iPod shuffle.
- Resolves an ordering problem while browsing TV episodes in your iTunes library on Apple TV.
You can grab the update now through Software Update, or at http://apple.com/itunes.
Apple just updated GarageBand to version 6.0.5, bringing with it compatibility with the updated iOS version of the software, as well as squashing a few bugs. You can download the update now through Software Update or the Mac App Store!
During today's iPad event, Apple announced that the new iPad, new Apple TV, and iTunes would all support 1080p television and movies. The first piece of that puzzle is now available. You can now download iTunes 10.6, which includes 1080p content downloads! While you're at it, be sure to grab iOS 5.1 as well, kay?
Apple Airport Utility 6.0 brings iCloud, fixes to Time Capsule, Airport Extreme, and Airport Express
Apple has been on fire these last few weeks rolling out all kinds of updates. Most recently Apple updated its Airport Express, Airport Extreme and Time Capsule base stations to include iCloud support for Back to My Mac and a few bug fixes with the 802.11n wireless network problems.
Also included with this update is the ability to wirelessly access your backed up data on these devices. It should be noted, however, that in order to take full advantage of the remote access included in this update you will have to be running OS X Lion. Run Software Update to grab the new hotness.
Apple just released iTunes 10.5, one day ahead of the release of iOS 5 and iCloud. The updated version of iTunes will be required to update devices to iOS 5, and also brings with it iTunes in the Cloud, Wi-Fi syncing, and more. Full release notes below:
What’s new in iTunes 10.5
- iTunes in the Cloud. iTunes now stores your music and TV purchases in iCloud and makes them available on your devices anywhere, any time, at no additional cost.
- Automatic Downloads. Purchase music from any device or computer and automatically download a copy to your Mac and iOS devices.
- Download Previous Purchases. Download your past music, TV, app, and book purchases again, at no additional cost. Previous purchases may be unavailable if they are no longer on the iTunes Store.
- Sync with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5.
- Wi-Fi Syncing. Automatically sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes any time they’re both on the same Wi-Fi network.
Apple has just released Mac OS X 10.7.1, the first major update for Lion, the latest incarnation of the Mac operating system. The update fixes a few bugs, improves reliability of Wi-Fi, and resolves an issue with transferring settings to a new Mac. If you are running Lion, go ahead and fire up Software Update to get this...it's only 17 MB in size.
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.