Thinking about picking up the Apple iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus? Make sure you check out my full review of both Apple 2015 flagship smartphones in this episode! I give you a rundown of all the new iPhone 6s features - things like 3D Touch, Live Photos, the new 12 megapixel iSight camera, 5 megapixel FaceTime HD camera, second generation Touch ID, Taptic Engine, 7000 series aluminum body, Retina Flash, 4K video recording, and so much more!
Join me as I walk you through each new feature, as well as specify the subtle differences between the iPhone 6s and the larger iPhone 6s Plus (spoiler: battery life and optical image stabilization!)
You can pick up the iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus now!
Apple iPhone 6s & 6s Plus: 3D Touch, 12MP camera, 4K video recording, starts at $199 on September 25
During it's Hey Siri, Give Us a Hint event, Apple unveiled the new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus smartphones. The updated smartphones still sport the 4.7-inch Retina HD display for the 6s and 5.5-inch Retina HD display for the 6s Plus, but there's a lot of new stuff that Apple is bringing to the table with this years flagship models:
- 12 megapixel iSight Camera: Apple has bumped the megapixel count in the iPhone for the first time in 4 years, going from 8 megapixels to 12. This is a 50% increase in pixels, and with it comes 50% more focus pixels, making autofocus even faster than before as well.
- 5 megapixel FaceTime HD camera: Another big improvement, as the front camera on the iPhone goes from 1.8 megapixels to 5.0. Apple will use the display itself as the True Tone Retina Flash for those selfies you need to take while in the dark.
- 4K video recording: You can now shoot 4K video directly from the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- 3D Touch: This is one of the tentpole features. The iPhone 6s and 6s Plus can now sense depth. This is similar to Force Touch on the Apple Watch, but much more advanced. Pushing down on different elements throughout iOS will allow you to select shortcuts, preview information with the "peek" gesture, go further into that data with the "pop" gesture, and more.
- A9 processor: Apple's A9 processor offers 70% faster performance and 90% faster graphics than the previous A8 chip. Not only will things feel much faster, but games are now "console quality" according to Apple.
- Touch ID Second Generation: Apple has doubled the speed of the Touch ID sensor
- Wi-Fi speeds doubled
- LTE Advanced with support for 23 LTE bands, and speeds that are twice as fast
- Live Photos: This might have been the coolest thing Apple showed today. The iPhone 6s and 6s Plus will capture 1.5 seconds before and after you take your photo
The new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus will be available in silver, space gray, gold, and a new rose gold color option. Be sure to check out our iPhone 6s pricing guide.
During today's Hey Siri, Give Us a Hint event, Apple announced the long-awaited, completely redesigned Apple TV. In an effort to bring TV into the modern age, Apple is focusing on an app-based solution for reinventing television. On the inside, Apple has added 802.11ac Wi-Fi networking, giving the Apple TV faster networking access. The App Store is now front and center on the new Apple TV, allowing users to download television-optimized apps from developers. The user interface has been modernized, and on the inside, Apple has included the A8 processor from the iPhone 6. This is a big improvement over the A5 processor found in the previous model. Apple has updated the software to a version of iOS 9 that it's calling tvOS.
Apple has announced the new iPad Pro at today's Hey Siri, Give Us A Hint event. This is the largest iOS device yet, sporting a 12.9-inch display with a 2732x2048 resolution - that equates to 5.6 million pixels, which is more than even the 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display. In fact, as Apple points out, the length of the iPad Pro display when in landscape orientation is equal to that of two iPad Airs side-by-side. What that means is that you can run two full-sized standard iPad apps on the iPad Pro simultaneously, side-by-side.
As for ports, the iPad Pro has the standard Lightning connector that we're all used to for charging and syncing. Additionally, it has a new connector called the Smart Connector. This allows you to attach the new Apple Smart Keyboard.
The iPad Air Pro also sports a four speaker array. Two stereo speakers on the top, and two more on the bottom. Depending on the orientation and how you are holding the iPad, it will change the dynamics of the sound to optimize it for that specific scenario. Apple says that the iPad Pro at full volume is three times louder than the iPad Air 2 at full volume. This is been a big complaint with iPad in the past, since it was never great with sound.
The Seagate Game Drive for Xbox is the easiest way to add 2TB of storage space to your Xbox One or Xbox 360. The Seagate Game Drive for Xbox is the direct result of a partnership between Xbox and Seagate that will leave you with 5x as much storage as you started with on your 500GB Xbox One, and much more than that if you own an Xbox 360.
The Game Drive for Xbox simply plugs into any USB port on your Xbox One or Xbox 360, without the need for a power supply. It supports USB 3.0 speeds on the Xbox One. It's available for $109.99 starting today.
You can get the Seagate Game Drive for Xbox now!
Back when we brought you our first-look at the HP Elitebook Folio 1020 G1, many pointed out just how amazing this enterprise-level notebook looked. Obviously, this line of thinking is referring to the fact that business laptops in the past have been plain, mostly matte black affairs that lack any sort of desirability from a consumer perspective. Sure, IT departments get excited about the security features and how cheap they are, but the accompanying bulk, weight, and poor battery life leave much to be desired. HP is aiming to change that with the Elitebook Folio 1020 G1, fancifying what a business laptop can be. Is it worth your attention? Follow along in our HP Elitebook Folio 1020 G1 review for the answer.
In this episode, I bring you a look at one of the coolest Bluetooth speakers I've ever seen - the Monster Superstar Backfloat.
Monster's Superstar Backfloat is rugged--you can spill water on it without any worries. Even cooler, it's been constructed in a such a way that it will float in water. Throw it in the bathtub or pool and you've got your music right with you. Even better? It's also a speakerphone, so you can take your calls without getting out of the water.
We give you a look at the Monster Superstar Backfloat in this episode, and I give you a demo of how it works even when wet. Be prepared for the #WaterDance.
You can pick up the Monster Superstar Backfloat now.
With the Surface Pro 3, Microsoft has switched up its strategy on its tablet PC, aiming to make it the best Windows laptop for the average consumer. This is the third attempt from the company at reinventing the laptop, bringing tablet parity into the product that runs on a full-on Intel Core i5 processor. It’s a large tablet. It’s a thin laptop. It’s a powerful 2 in 1. Is it the one for you, though?
During this morning's Apple Spring Forward event, the company finally filled in the blanks on how much all three versions of the Apple Watch will cost. If you are wanting anything other than the Apple Watch Sport model (which Apple previously announced as starting at $349,) then you might need to start saving up now in advance of the Apple Watch release date. Here's the breakdown:
APPLE WATCH SPORT
- Apple Watch Sport: $349 for 38mm, $399 for 42mm
APPLE WATCH (STAINLESS STEEL)
- Sport Band: $549 for 38mm, $599 for 42mm
- Classic Buckle: $649 for 38mm, $699 for 42mm
- Milanese Loop: $649 for 38mm, $699 for 42mm
- Leather Loop: $699 (42mm only)
- Modern Buckle: $749 (38mm only)
- Link Bracelet: $949 for 38mm, $999 for 42mm
- Space Black Link Bracelet: $1049 for 38mm, $1099 for 42mm
APPLE WATCH EDITION (18K GOLD)
- Sport Band: $10,000 for 38mm, $12,000 for 42mm
- Classic Buckle: $15,000 (42mm only)
- Modern Buckle: $17,000 (38mm only)
There you have it! Are you looking to pick up an Apple Watch? If so, what model are you looking to pick up now that you have the details on Apple Watch pricing?
Read More | Apple Watch Collection
Apple is holding its Spring Forward event, focused on Apple Watch, this morning. The company just announced that the Apple Watch will be released on April 24 in the US and select countries, answering the question of when everyone will be able to get their hands on the hot new wearable coming out of Cupertino. The Apple Watch will be available in Apple Stores nationwide, but if you'd rather have it sent to you, you'll be able to pre-order one starting on April 10th, starting at $349 for the Apple Watch Sport. Be sure to check out the full Apple Watch pricing breakdown to see exactly what you'll have to pay for the Watch and band combo that you've been eyeing, along with the costs for additional Apple Watch bands.
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.