On Gear Live: ZTE Tempo X Smartphone Giveaway!

Latest Gear Live Videos

Bradley Cooper Recalls His Bad Experience on ‘Alias’

Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: Action, Drama, Prime Time, ABC, Features,

Bradley Cooper in 'GQ'Now that Bradley Cooper is an Oscar-nominated actor who commands top billing in critically-acclaimed films, he's open to talking about his struggles as an actor in Hollywood before he was a household name.

In the January issue of GQ, Cooper recalls his time working on the J.J. Abrams show Alias, which stars Jennifer Garner as Sydney Bristow. Despite having a recurring role as Bristow's best friend Will Tippin, Cooper was unhappy with his lack of screen time: “I would only work three days a week... And then for the second season, I got even more sidelined. I was like, ‘Ugh.’ And then next thing you know, I was like, ‘I want to f*****g kill myself.’"

With his growing frustration over his lack of work on Alias, Cooper then asked Abrams to write his character off. “J.J. was like, ‘OK,’ He probably would’ve fired me, anyway," Cooper quipped. He even considered quitting his acting career altogether: "At some point, you have to come to terms with 'The business just doesn’t want you,' you know what I mean?"

Click to continue reading Bradley Cooper Recalls His Bad Experience on ‘Alias’

Read More | The Hollywood Reporter

Advertisement

TV Scoop: ‘Murder’ and ‘Charmed’ Reboots, ‘Catfish’ Renewed

Charmed+ Octavia Spencer has been cast as the lead for the upcoming NBC remake of Murder, She Wrote. While on the one hand I'm rejoicing that there's one more woman of color starring in a network program, I can't help but worry that TV is going to fall into Hollywood's current habit of incessantly choosing to produce remakes over original shows.

+ Speaking of unoriginal television, it has only been 7 years since Charmed aired its final episode, but apparently executives over at CBS think that it should already be rebooted. I guess perhaps this is the price we pay for American Horror Story: Coven being so damn good.

+ Apparently people are still tuning into MTV shows, because the former music video network has renewed Catfish for another season. I suppose it beats putting out another show involving teenagers and their unplanned pregnancies.

(American Horror Story: Coven spoilers after the jump!)

Click to continue reading TV Scoop: ‘Murder’ and ‘Charmed’ Reboots, ‘Catfish’ Renewed


Bradley Cooper in Talks to Play Lance Armstrong

Posted by Andru Edwards Categories: Adaptation, Biopics, Drama, Sports, Casting,

Bradley CooperBradley Cooper has begun talks to play Lance Armstrong.

The Oscar nominated Silver Linings Playbook star - who previously expressed his desire to portray the "fascinating" disgraced cyclist after he was stripped of his titles between 1999 and 2005 when it emerged he had taken performance-enhancing drugs - has formally approached J.J. Abrams about starring in his upcoming biopic about Lance's rise and fall from grace.

J.J. confirmed that he is considering the 38-year-old star for the role after he reached out to him via email.

He told Entertainment Tonight at the Producer's Guild of America Awards in Los Angeles on Saturday, "[Cooper] sent me an email and we've been talking."

Click to continue reading Bradley Cooper in Talks to Play Lance Armstrong


Jorge Garcia: J.J. Made Me Confidence of Alcatraz Success

Posted by Andru Edwards Categories: Drama, Prime Time, Sci-Fi/Horror, FOX, News,

Jorge Garcia and J.J. Abrams

Jorge Garcia was confident Alcatraz would be successful because of J.J. Abrams.

The 38-year-old actor - who worked alongside the Lost co-creator during his time playing Hugo "Hurley" Reyes on the show - knew he was in "safe hands" when he agreed to portray Dr. Diego "Doc" Soto in the new Fox TV series because he has so much confidence in the helmer.

"I love what J.J. does with his work and he's also just a really great guy. So when he called and said, 'I'm doing this new show, just give me a call if you're not doing anything because we definitely want to work with you again,' then that makes you feel great. Knowing that the show is a J.J. show I definitely feel that I'm in good hands."

Click to continue reading Jorge Garcia: J.J. Made Me Confidence of Alcatraz Success


Star Trek 2 Plot Not ‘Solidified’

Benedict Cumberbatch and Zachary Quinto on the Star Trek 2 setZachary Quinto has revealed the plot to Star Trek 2 is not yet "solidified."

The actor - who plays the role of Vulcan character Spock in the sci-fi sequel - admits the director J.J. Abrams has not completely finished creating the storyline to the film, which he thinks is "great."

"What you guys are going to see has yet to be solidified, decided and defined and that's the great part about working with someone who is so mind-bogglingly talented as J.J. Abrams," he told E! News.

The movie - which also stars Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana and newcomers Benedict Cumberbatch and Alice Eve - has been filming for a number of weeks, and the 34-year-old hunk adds the schedule has been gruelling but enjoyable: "It's been a really overwhelming schedule, but in all the right ways. I love to work hard and I'm certainly doing that right now."

Very little is known about the script of the film, but it is believed Sherlock actor Benedict will be playing a villainous role after he was pictured in a fight scene with Spock.


Mission: Impossible 4 Breaks Franchise Record

Mission: Impossible 4 - Ghost ProtocolMission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol is the most successful film in the movie series' franchise. The Brad Bird-directed film - which sees Tom Cruise return as operative Ethan Hunt, alongside Jeremy Renner and Simon Pegg - has made $571 million worldwide since its release late last year, and studio Paramount has admitted it is delighted with the success.

"Brad Bird, Tom Cruise, J.J. Abrams and the entire team who worked on M:I4 created an incredibly entertaining film, one that fans worldwide embraced in record numbers," said Rob Moore, Vice Chairman of Paramount. Mission: Impossible II is the next most successful film in the franchise, earning $546 million worldwide.

Brad has previously joked he was terrified about being the director who killed off Tom when he made him hang off the world's tallest skyscraper, the Burj Khalifa in Dubai for the fourth installment of the movie: "I think every director that has worked with him in these kinds of films probably has that feeling where your eyes snap open at three in the morning and you go, 'My god, what am I doing?' Definitely."


J.J. Abrams: ‘Star Trek 2 is Mine to Mess Up’

J.J. AbramsJ.J. Abrams believes it will be his fault if Star Trek 2 is not a success. The director - who returns to the sci-fi franchise for the follow-up to the hugely successful 2009 film - admits the script by Damon Lindelof, Robert Orci and Alex Kurtzman is "amazing" and it is up to him to make it into a decent movie.

"It's a little early to be talking about Star Trek, but I will say that they wrote, the three writers Damon, Bob and Alex, they wrote the most amazing script and I'm thrilled to get a chance to direct it. It's totally mine to screw up, so if you don't like it, it's completely on me. Our sets are almost done, so we're going to go back and start shooting next month."

He also revealed the movie will not be shot with special 3-D cameras but instead converted in post-production. "We're shooting on film, 2-D, and then we'll do a good high-end conversion like the Harry Potter movie and all that. Luckily, with our release date now we have the months needed to do it right because if you rush it, it never looks good."

Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto and Zoe Saldana are all returning to the film, which is set for release in 2013.


Benicio Del Toro Pulls Out of Star Trek 2

Benicio Del ToroBenicio Del Toro has pulled out of negotiations to appear in Star Trek 2.

The Wolfman actor was in talks to play the lead bad guy in the forthcoming J.J. Abrams-directed sequel - starring Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto and Zoe Saldana - but "monetary issues" have ended chances of him starring. Although no details of who the character is have so far been leaked, NYPost.com's Vulture blog claims he was set to play Khan Noonien-Singh in the much-hyped project.

The character - a genetically engineered super-human - originally appeared in the original Star Trek TV series and Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, and was played by Ricardo Montalban. No actors have been named as possible successors to Benicio, but with the film due to begin shooting in January a replacement will have to be found shortly.

The sequel is set to be shot in 3-D by director J.J., while Alice Eve - best known for the role of the Irish nanny in Sex and the City 2 - is signed up to star.


Box Office Breakdown: Green Lantern Fights Off Super 8

Ryan Reynolds as the Green Lantern

Even though the buzz for Green Lantern fizzled at the reveal of its rather disappointing full-length trailer, Ryan Reynold's abs the superhero flick managed to fight off last week's box office winner, Super 8.

The DC comic book adaptation scored $53 million at the box office in its first week, while the J.J. Abrams and Steven Spielberg project Super 8 managed to finish second -- down from last week's top spot -- at $21.2 million . Jim Carrey's family comedy Mr. Popper's Penguins debuted in third place raking in $18.2 million, pushing last week's second place film X-Men: First Class  -- the X-Men prequel starring James Mcavoy and Michael Fassbender -- to fourth with $11.5 million.

Click to continue reading Box Office Breakdown: Green Lantern Fights Off Super 8

Read More | Box Office Mojo

VIDEO: Zachary Quinto Unsure of Star Trek 2 Start Date


Sorry Trekkies. Although we were previously lead to believe that filming on the Star Trek sequel would begin early next year, that apparently is not true. According to one of the main actors, a start date has not yet been determined.

“We have a while until we’re gonna do another one. It probably won’t be until next year at this time,” told MTV at Comic-Con. “I know there’s erroneous reports that we’re going back in January. Not true, as far as I know.”

Click to continue reading VIDEO: Zachary Quinto Unsure of Star Trek 2 Start Date

Read More | MTV Movies

Advertisement