The Apple iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus are now available for pre-order. You can head over to Apple’s Web site now to grab the 4.7-inch iPhone 6s or 5.5-inch iPhone 6s Plus. Just be sure you know which carrier, color, and storage option you want so that you can get the iPhone s6 in your cart and check out quickly, as the site is getting hammered with traffic, which may result in errors:
- T-Mobile (requires full price purchase)
- Verizon Wireless
- Rose Gold
- Space Gray
- iPhone 6s: 16GB ($199) / 64GB ($299) / 128GB ($399)
- iPhone 6s Plus: 16GB ($299) / 64GB ($399) / 128GB ($499)
The iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus will launch on September 25th, but as sales happen through the night, delivery dates are likely to start slipping.
Good luck! Let us know what you ended up getting!
Read More | iPhone 6s Product Page
Earlier today, Apple announced the brand new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus smartphones. Be sure to check out our post that covers all of the new features. In addition to announcing the years new flagship smartphones during the Hey Siri, Give Us a Hint event, the company also released a brand new color option for iPhone buyers - rose gold. As you can see above, the rose gold iPhone has a light pink metallic shade to it--more pink than copper. The rose gold color joins the silver, space gray, and gold colors to make up this years iPhone line.
Will you be choosing rose gold this year? You can pre-order the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus from Apple.
Apple iPhone 6s & 6s Plus: 3D Touch, 12MP camera, 4K video recording, starts at $199 on September 25
During it's Hey Siri, Give Us a Hint event, Apple unveiled the new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus smartphones. The updated smartphones still sport the 4.7-inch Retina HD display for the 6s and 5.5-inch Retina HD display for the 6s Plus, but there's a lot of new stuff that Apple is bringing to the table with this years flagship models:
- 12 megapixel iSight Camera: Apple has bumped the megapixel count in the iPhone for the first time in 4 years, going from 8 megapixels to 12. This is a 50% increase in pixels, and with it comes 50% more focus pixels, making autofocus even faster than before as well.
- 5 megapixel FaceTime HD camera: Another big improvement, as the front camera on the iPhone goes from 1.8 megapixels to 5.0. Apple will use the display itself as the True Tone Retina Flash for those selfies you need to take while in the dark.
- 4K video recording: You can now shoot 4K video directly from the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- 3D Touch: This is one of the tentpole features. The iPhone 6s and 6s Plus can now sense depth. This is similar to Force Touch on the Apple Watch, but much more advanced. Pushing down on different elements throughout iOS will allow you to select shortcuts, preview information with the "peek" gesture, go further into that data with the "pop" gesture, and more.
- A9 processor: Apple's A9 processor offers 70% faster performance and 90% faster graphics than the previous A8 chip. Not only will things feel much faster, but games are now "console quality" according to Apple.
- Touch ID Second Generation: Apple has doubled the speed of the Touch ID sensor
- Wi-Fi speeds doubled
- LTE Advanced with support for 23 LTE bands, and speeds that are twice as fast
- Live Photos: This might have been the coolest thing Apple showed today. The iPhone 6s and 6s Plus will capture 1.5 seconds before and after you take your photo
The new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus will be available in silver, space gray, gold, and a new rose gold color option. Be sure to check out our iPhone 6s pricing guide.
The Monster SoundStage S2 is the medium-sized wireless speaker in the SoundStage line, and it brings with it a seriously big punch when it comes to sound. The audio can easily fill a room without distortion. The SoundStage S2 connects wirelessly to your smartphone or tablet over Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. You can also connect it directly with an AUX cable or digital optical Toslink cable. SoundStage speakers support multi-room audio, allowing you to control the audio across your home from the palm of your hand thanks to Qualcomm AllPlay technology.
You can pick up the Monster SoundStage S2 wireless speaker now.
Apple has sent invitations to press for it’s “Hey Siri, give us a hint.” event, happening on September 9th at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco. As has become annual tradition, this will be the event where Apple unveils its next set of iPhones, including the iPhone 6s and the iPhone 6s Plus. There are also rumors of a potential iPhone 6c, as well as a long-awaited new Apple TV. It won’t be long now, iPhone fans—Apple takes the stage in just 13 days. In the meantime, feel free to keep bugging Siri and see if she gives you an early scoop.
What's your best guess at what the company will be announcing?
The Monster SoundStage S1 is a small wireless speaker that packs a seriously big punch when it comes to sound. The audio can easily fill a room without distortion. The SoundStage S1 connects wirelessly to your smartphone or tablet over Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. You can also connect it directly with an AUX cable or digital optical Toslink cable. SoundStage speakers support multi-room audio, allowing you to control the audio across your home from the palm of your hand thanks to Qualcomm AllPlay technology.
The SoundStage S1 is even humidity-proof!
You can pick up the Monster SoundStage S1 wireless speakerr now.
Apple has just released the new iPhone Lightning Dock, an accessory that will allow you to easily charge an Lightning port-equipped iPhone from a vertical base. The device supports the newest iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, as well as the iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, and iPhone 5s. The iPod touch 5th generation is also compatible. As you can see in the image above, this is simply a Lightning connected that is rising up out of the base, which leads us to believe that this should easily support future models as well.
The iPhone Lightning Dock is powered by your own Lightnint to USB cable, and also has a 3.5mm headphone port, allowing you to listen to your iPhone audio through headphones while it is docked.
You can pick up the iPhone Lightning Dock now for $39.
If you're finding that the battery in your iPhone isn't quite lasting for as long as you'd like it to, then it would be a good idea to consider picking up a battery case. We've always been fans of Mophie battery cases here at Gear Live, and if you're in the market for one, you might want to stop by your local AT&T retail location. Between now and May 28th, AT&T is offering a $10 discount on all Mophie battery cases, which results in your getting a top-notch external battery at a rare discount. Remember, this is in retail stores, so you'll wanna use the AT&T store finder to find the most convenient location near you.
Following its Spring Forward Apple Watch event, Apple has released iOS 8.2 publicly. The update brings about minor fixes, along with one big feature: Apple Watch support. In order to use the Apple Watch, you’ll need to be running iOS 8.2 on your iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, 6, or 6 Plus. After installing the update, you’ll find the new Apple Watch app on your home screen, which is what you will use to download apps and manage settings for your Apple Watch, should you pick one up.
iOS 8.3 will follow soon, with new diverse emoji and wireless CarPlay support. In the meantime, you can download iOS 8.2 now.
Apple kicked off its Spring Forward event this morning with a big announcement. HBO CEO Richard Plepler took the stage to announce that the new HBO standalone subscription service, HBO Now, will launch exclusively on Apple devices. The service will cost $14.99 per month, and includes the full HBO catalog of content. This is basically HBO Go, but without the need of a traditional HBO cable subscription in order to use it. HBO Now launches in April, and the first month will be free.
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.