WWDC 2009 is about to get kicked off, with Phil Schiller kicking it off with the Apple keynote. We are hanging out at our local Apple store, and will be bringing you all the notable updates as things progress!
- Things get kicked off with a new Mac vs. PC commercial, where PC tries to discourage Mac from innovating at this year’s WWDC.
- At WWDC this year there are over 5200 attendees from 52 countries.
- We are starting with Mac news. Apple says they don’t want to stop leading with way with Macbook designs.
- Phil announces a brand new 15” MacBook Pro, with the Lithium Polymer battery that the 17” model sports. 7 hours of battery life 2 hours more than before. That is 40% longer.
- The new MacBook Pro has “the best display we’ve ever shipped on a notebook.”
- The 15” MacBook Pro picks up an SD Card slot, and drops ExpressCard.
- The price drops by $300. $1699 introductory price.
- At the introductory price, you get a 2.53GHz processor, 4GB RAM, 250GB hard drive, and the SD card slot.
- The 13-inch MacBooks also get the same SD card treatment, non-removable battery, and FIREWIRE IS BACK. The unibody MacBooks are now officially MacBook Pros.
- 13-inch MacBook Pro starts at $1199 with 2GB RAM, 160GB hard drive, SD card slot, 2.26 GHz processor.
- MacBook Air updated as well. $1499 for the base model, $1799 with 256GB SSD. $700 cheaper than before.
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.