Where's My Water? 2, the sequel to the massively popular physics-based Where's My Water? Disney puzzle game, is now available for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. You can download it, right now, for free.
Read More | Where's My Water 2 (App Store)
It's Memorial Day, and while we all remember those who've fought--and continue to fight--for our freedom, plenty of stores are also offering deals. For example, the Apple App Store is featuring a bunch of heavily discounted titles, some up to 90% off, for Memorial Day. We've got a list of some of the best deals below! Definitely the right time to stock up if you own an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch (oh, and don't forget, you can jailbreak them all now too!):
Universal Apps (iPad, iPhone, iPad)
- Grand Theft Auto 3 for iPad, iPhone, iPod, regular 99 cents, regular $4.99
- Infinity Blade II, $2.99, regular $6.99
- Mass Effect: Infiltrator, $2.99, regular $4.99
- Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, 99 cents, regular $9.99
- Burnout CRASH!, 99 cents, regular $4.99
- Combat Arms: Zombies, $1.99, regular, $6.99
- Solar Walk 3D Solar System, $1.99, regular $2.99
- NBA Jam for iPad $1.99, regular $4.99
- Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for iPad, 99 cents, regular $4.99
- Real Racing HD for iPad $1.99, regular $4.99
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit for iPad, 99 cents, regular $4.99
- FIFA Soccer 12 for iPad, $2.99, regular $9.99
- Battlefield Bad Company 2 for iPad, $1.99, regular $9.99
- Monopoly Here and Now: World Edition, 99 cents, regular $9.99
- Skyfire Web Browser, $2.99, regular $4.99
- Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars HD, 99 cents, regular $9.99
- Dead Space, $1.99, regular $9.99
- Madden NFL 12, $2.99, regular $6.99
- Tiger Woods: PGA Tour 12, 99 cents, regular $4.99
- Flight Control HD, 99 cents, regular $4.99
- Battleship for iPad, 99 cents, regular $4.99
- Monopoly, 99 cents, regular $6.99
- Star Walk for iPad, $2.99, regular $4.99
- FIFA Soccer 12 for iPhone, $1.99, regular $4.99
- Need for Speed Undercover, 99 cents, regular $2.99
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, 99 cents, regular, $4.99
- Real Racing 2, 99 cents, regular $4.99
- Skyfire web browser, $1.99, regular $2.99
- Battlefield Bad Company 2, 99 cents, regular $2.99
- Dead Space, 99 cents, regular $6.99
- Madden NFL 12, 99 cents, regular $4.99
- Hipstamatic, 99 cents, regular $1.99
- Star Walk, $1.99, regular $2.99
- Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, 99 cents, regular $4.99
- Fight Night Champion by EA Sports, 99 cents, regular, $4.99
You knew that when Zynga acquired Draw Somthing creator OMGPOP that we'd start seeing some updates hitting the app with the quickness, right? Well, the firstpost-purchase update has arrived, and it brings a quite a few welcome features to the drawing game. Let's run them down.
First comes the addition of commenting, which allows you to type short messages to your opponents along with your drawings. This makes it easy to give a compliment (or a WTF) in response to a work of art, or a horrible guess. The app also picks up an undo button that will remove your last-drawn line without you having to suffer through using the eraser. iOS users can also save drawings to the Camera Roll, and also share them to Facebook and Twitter with ease.
The update is available now for iOS and Android users.
Read More | Draw Something
Of all the mobile apps one could play, the simplest of them all reigns at the top of the charts. Recently acquired by Zynga, OMGPOP’s Draw Something, is peaking at the top of the download charts, and doesn’t seem like it’ll be going down anytime soon. The popular Pictionary-style game has reached 5 0million downloads in just 50 days; becoming “one of the fastest growing sensations we’ve seen,” said Zynga. Zynga has also reported that at its peak more than 3,000 images were created per second.
As mentioned earlier, the premise of the game is to draw something, as the title implies. Users are given a word and rewarded with coins if they or their opponent guesses correctly.
The game doesn’t seem like much, but once it gets going, it becomes quite addictive. And if you haven’t of guessed it already, the game has us playing too. So when we’re not busy writing, we’re busy drawing. If you haven’t checked the game out for yourself, we suggest downloading it and giving it a try.
Read More | BBC
Hey, all you Angry Birds lovers out there. We know that it's been a while since a new version has dropped, and that you've probably moved on to Draw Something, but it's time for you to take a another look, because Angry Birds Space is now available on multiple platforms. Space? Yes. The confines of the gravitational pull of the Earth no longer apply here, so your birds can get their space physics on while trying to destroy evil pigs. Here are the links to grab your copy:
Hit us with your thoughts in the comments. Oh, and if you're wondering what the heck the birds are doing in space in the first place, the video above should do a fine job at explaining that one.
'Sup holidays? It's nice to see you. Although, I personally couldn't care less about Santa or gifts under the tree (okay, totally lying about the gifts part,) I'm all about free and cheap. This is why I want to kiss EA in the mouth, mistletoe optional. As a promotion for this special time of the year, EA is offering some of their top games on iTunes for only 99 cents. Yes. CENTS. Now is the time to buy yourself some goodies for being good this year--and hey, if you're expecting an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to be yours on Christmas morning, there's nothing stopping you from stocking up on these apps right now!
View the list of games and links to iTunes after the jump.
Read More | EA Apps
While waiting to get their hands on Epic Games’ (Gears of War, Unreal Tournament) iOS only game - Project Sword - Apple gamers will be able to explore just how well the Unreal Engine runs on their iOS device. Compatible with iPhone 4 and 3GS, 3rd and 4th gen iPod touch, and the iPad; the Unreal Engine tech demo, dubbed Epic Citadel, lets gamers explore a castle interface with all the bells and whistles of the Unreal Engine. Such as: bump offset mapping, real time lighting, texture mapping, global illumination, and more. Epic citadel was created in eight weeks and can be downloaded for free from the App Store.
More screenshots after the jump.
Read More | Epic Citadel
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.