"A small number of customers have reported lower than expected battery life on iOS 5 devices," Apple said in a statement provided to AllThingsD. "We have found a few bugs that are affecting battery life and we will release a software update to address those in a few weeks."
An Apple spokeswoman confirmed with us that a fix was in the works.
Apple has released iOS 5.0.1 to developers, which includes six updates:
- fixes bugs affecting battery life
- adds multitasking gestures for original iPad
- resolves bugs with documents in the cloud
- improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation
- contains security improvements
- introduces a new way for developers to specify files that should remain on device, even in low storage situations
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.