Being that it's Independence Day here in the USA, fireworks displays are gonna be starting in a few hours and we thought we could point you to some tips on how to capture some breathtaking fireworks photos. Here are teh top 10 fireworks photography tips to help you start thinking about your setup for tonight, and years to come:
- Use a tripod to keep things steady
- Use a camera with a remote shutter release (again, to keep things steady)
- Frame your shot to anticipate where the fireworks will be
- Shoot at a wider focal length
- Set your aperture to somewhere between f/8 and f/16
- Set your shutter to a long exposure
- Shoot at a low ISO. Set it at ISO 100.
- Turn off your flash
- Shoot in manual mode rather than auto focus
- Check on your results during the fireworks display so you can tweak as necessary
That's it! Of course, if you want to go more in-depth on those tips, you can head over to Digital Photography School to get more details on each of the ten tips listed here. Good luck!