Today Twitter for iPhone 4.3 was released on the App Store, a major update to the official Twitter client that brings with it the ability to view enhanced and expended tweets right in the app. Here's a rundown of the features:
- Expanded Tweets -- when you view Tweet details containing links to partner websites, you can now see content previews, view images, play videos, and more (rolling out gradually)
- Enhanced experience around selected events with the bets Tweets and photos from those involved
- Push notifications for Tweets -- choose to receive notifications from people you follow any time they tweet or retweet
- Ambient notifications -- enables you to see brief non-interruptive notifications in the status bar while you're using the app
- Improvements to search autocomplete for users
- Discover -- now indicates when new stories are available for you to view
- Tappable avatars take you directly to user profiles
- Performance improvements
- Support for password entry in app when experiencing authentication issues
- Support for the Hungarian language
- Icon (image at right) features the new Twitter bird!
You can download the new Twitter for iPhone and iPad now, completely free.
If you ever looked at your iPhone 4 and thought “hey, I wish this were a Game Boy Color instead!”, then you are in luck. Etsy can bring your fantasy to life with their vinyl Game Boy Color stickers. These are no ordinary stickers, as they have an outdoor life of 5 to 7 years. Other colors and plenty of unique designs are also available from Etsy.
Read More | Etsy
Read More | Etsy
If you want to look different from the leagues of other iPhone 4 users and their kiosk bought cases, or just branch out your environment friendly attitude to your digital life, then these GrooveMade cases are perfect for you. Produced in Oregon, each case is laser engraved and created from bamboo. Definitely among the more aesthetically pleasing cases around.
Read More | Etsy
What better way to show off your ‘geekdom’ with pride than with a Mario iPad case? Sure to attract attention from fellow gamers and nerds alike, these cases come in different colors and range from the villainous goomba to the magical mushroom Mario gets his strength from. Each case represents a cornerstone in the video game culture, and you can’t put a price on that kind of statement. Actually, we guess you can - $19.95-$39.95 to be exact!
Read More | Mario iPhone/iPad Cases
When I first saw the Snow’s Revenge MacBook Pro image that you see above, I thought it was a clever and unique etching. When I realized that it was simply just a $15 vinyl applique, I bought on immediately. I mean, seriously, how cool is it to see a seemingly dark-sidish Snow White holding on to a glowing Apple? Just saying.
If you’ve always wanted to game while in the shower, this one is an interesting compromise. Digitalsoaps on Etsy has put together a ridonkulous Xbox 360 controller soap bar. The best part? It looks awesome. The bar of soap looks just like your typicaly chill-colored Xbox 360 controller, with rised buttons, analog sticks, and control pad. The bar of soap weighs in at seven ounces, and is scented with Mountain Dew fragrance oil - gotta keep it real. You can grab your own Xbox 360 controller soap bar for $12 on Etsy.
Read More | Xbox 360 Replica Soap Bar
Gallery: Xbox 360 controller soap replica
Etsy user UrbanPrincess is offering up custom Super Mario 1-Up mushroom crocheted scarves. At $150 a pop they are kind of pricey, but at the same time a priceless addition to the winter wardrobe of any true gamer. Each scarf is hand made and custom made-to-order so if 1-Up mushrooms aren’t your thing you could elect for the delicious delicacy of a mega-mushroom here or there.
Read More | Etsy: UrbanPrincess
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.