So you saw the new Facebook Timeline feature that the company will be rolling out in the next few weeks, and don't feel like waiting? Well, you can make it happen right now just by following a few simple steps. Here's how to grab hold of that new hotness:
- First, head up to the search field of your Facebook page and search for "developer." Click on the first result, and allow the app to access your account. This is an official Facebook app.
- Go into the Developer app and create a new app. Call it anything you want, and agree to all the privacy agreements.
- Go into your app settings area, find the Open Graph area and click on "Get Started using open graph"
- Create any action for your app, again it can be anything you'd like. "Watch" a "movie" is nice and general.
- Submit and click through the confirmation pages at the bottom.
- After a minute, go back to the main Facebook.com page, and at the top you'll see an invite to try out Timeline
That's it - you'll now have access to the new profile page - make it pretty! You can also see the Timeline profiles of other users (here's mine - feel free to subscribe!)
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.