On Gear Live: ZTE Tempo X Smartphone Giveaway!

Latest Gear Live Videos

Hawaii 5-0’s Alex O’Loughlin Checks Into Rehab

Posted by Robin Paulson Categories: Action, Prime Time, CBS, Announcements, News,

Alex O'LoughlinMcGarrett is MIA!

Hawaii 5-0 star Alex O'Loughlin has taken time off from the CBS show in order to seek "supervised treatment for prescription pain medication due to a recent shoulder injury," his rep said.

Considering all the stunts Alex seems to do for the show, it's not surprising that he suffered such an injury. Here's to hoping he recovers soon!

So what does O'Loughlin's current treatment mean for the rest of the cast and crew?

While there isn't any word on how many episodes Alex will miss (if at all) in his absence, CBS says that the show is actually ahead of schedule and that it will complete a full second season, as ordered from the network.

Read More | E! Online

Advertisement

Steve Jobs death tweet results in What’s Trending’s CBS deal dying

Posted by Andru Edwards Categories: Apple, Corporate News, Internet,

WhatsTrending Steve Jobs Tweet

Steve Jobs might be alive and kicking, but those responsible for posting a Twitter message suggesting otherwise have suddenly found a new death on their hands to talk about: The death of their Web show's affiliation with CBSNews.com.

The Twitter account for the web show "What's Trending" was responsible for the Friday Twitter message: "Reports say that Steve Jobs has passed away. Stay tuned for more updates." The problem? Jobs sure wasn't dead.

The show attempted to cover its bases by disavowing the death report minutes later, but armies of users retweeting the update had already cast the unconfirmed report out into cyberspace. And CBS was left to mop up the egg on its face–even though What's Trending shares no newsgathering partnership with the company, plenty of news reports started to attribute the erroneous tweet to, "a CBS Twitter account."

Click to continue reading Steve Jobs death tweet results in What’s Trending’s CBS deal dying


Survivor Finale: Redemption At Last

Posted by K.C. Morgan Categories: Prime Time, Reality, CBS, Survivor, Gossip,

Survivor: Redemption Island, Boston RobTurn back now if you don’t want to know what happened during the epic three-hour Survivor: Redemption Island finale event, which aired on Sunday night.

The maestro managed to secure his victory at last. Joined by Natalie Tenerelli, 19, and Phillip Sheppard, 52, “Boston Rob” Mariano, 35, faced one of the show’s most unsympathetic juries in history… and still managed to procure all but one of the votes.

Only Ralph, the red-haired farmer, cast a vote Phillip’s way, no surprise after the touching heart-to-heart the two shared at the last tribal council. Rob, who orchestrated the entire game from day one, offered up a sweet speech to the jury before they unleashed a bitter tirade against the last three standing. Natalie was best known for being Mariano’s faithful lapdog, Phillip made himself one of the most unpopular castaways in show history… and in the end, it was David who most eloquently pleaded Rob’s case to the others.

Click to continue reading Survivor Finale: Redemption At Last

Read More | Yahoo! News

Ashton Kutcher Taking Charlie Sheen’s Place on ‘Men’

Posted by K.C. Morgan Categories: Comedy, Prime Time, CBS, Gossip,

Ashton Kutcher

Reports are circulating that CBS has finally found an actor to replace Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men: Ashton Kutcher.

Though, admittedly, we haven’t completely confirmed that we’re not being Punk’d.

Not that Kutcher hasn’t got sitcom chops. He first came to attention on That '70s Show, opposite the likes of Topher Grace, Mila Kunis, and others whose careers didn’t fare so well. Kutcher’s character will be brand-new and he’ll be introduced in the show’s next season.

Unless a torpedo of truth puts a halt on the production…again.

Read More | Perez Hilton

Still Winning: Charlie Sheen Court Date Set

Charlie SheenWhat Charlie Sheen wants, Charlie Sheen gets. The actor very publicly brought a staggering $100 million lawsuit against Two and a Half Men studio Warner Bros., then went on record to say he won’t be satisfied unless the matter is argued in open court in a public trial. And, that’s just what’s going to happen.

Think CBS is having any second thoughts about firing him? A date has been set for a battle that’s sure to be filled with mud-slinging: April 19. Sheen has been extremely public about his distaste for Men producer Chuck Lorre, and he definitely won’t be pulling any punches when the drama unfolds next month.

We encourage you to contact your cable provider now to make sure you’re getting Court TV. As always, we’ll bring you the details of the battle as it unfolds. Follow VIP Breakdown on Twitter to get all the headlines as soon as we do.

Read More | Perez Hilton

Charlie Sheen Wants a Public Trial

Charlie SheenIt should come as no surprise that the man who will give anyone an interview should want to air his dirty Warner Bros. laundry in public. Charlie Sheen has filed legal papers requesting a public trial in his lawsuit against the studio that has filmed Two and Half Men for many successful seasons.

Sheen is suing Warner Bros. for a staggering $100 million, and he says they’re pushing for a closed-door trail in order to get a more favorable resolution.

The actor’s tactics could bode ill for his future at CBS. Rumors have surfaced that, despite all the trash-talk, the network is attempting to re-hire him after publicly kicking him to the curb.

Read More | TMZ

Is CBS Trying to Get Charlie Sheen Back?

Posted by K.C. Morgan Categories: Comedy, Prime Time, CBS, Gossip, Rumors,

Charlie Sheen WinningWe never thought we’d say this, but maybe Charlie Sheen really is winning. According to reporter Jeff Rossen, CBS has asked him to come back to Two and a Half Men.

Feel free to do a spit take now. Rossen says “discussions ongoing” and it’s “not a done deal.” And, he’s not the only one who’s reporting on the negotiations. Hollywoodlife found a “show insider” who says the rumors are true.

They might be, at that. CBS is in the business of making money, and Sheen is making it hand over fist with his sold-out comedy tour/stage thing. Recent rumors that Sheen has been talking to FOX about doing a show may have prompted the network to act.

Still, things could get a little sticky legally if CBS does want to make a deal. Charlie Sheen still has an active lawsuit, asking for a whopping $100 million, against Two and a Half Men studio Warner Bros.

Read More | Huffington Post

Comic Books Jobs: CBS Interns! MTV! Video Games!

Posted by Tom Mason Categories: Conventions, Editorials, Television,

Showtime logoHey, you wanna go to Comic Con International on CBS’s dime? Of course you do. Showtime Networks, a division of CBS based in New York, has an intern program that’s running from June 6-July 29.

You’ll be working in the “Program Marketing and Advertising” group and one of your main functions will be “daily tasks and organization leading up to Comic Con, assisting with the advertising tactics in print, tv, online and outdoor and components of the marketing plan.” I'm only assuming that they'll take you to the Con to see your hard work payoff, so you might want to get that included if you get the gig.

Click to continue reading Comic Books Jobs: CBS Interns! MTV! Video Games!


VIDEO: SNL Honors March Madness

SNL opened with one of their funniest sketches of the year on Saturday. In a single skit, the show managed to pay homage to March Madness, Charlie Sheen and world current events. Our favorite part is Bill Hader -- watch the video above to see what we mean.

In related news, fans will have the opportunity to watch the real March Madness in a whole new way for this years NCAA men’s basketball tournament, which begins on Tuesday. CBS has purchased the broadcasting rights once again, but this year the network will actually show every single game. This year, games will be presented on CBS, TNT, TBS and truTV.

Read More | NBC

Rob Lowe to Stay with ‘Parks,’ Won’t Join CBS for ‘Men’

Posted by K.C. Morgan Categories: Comedy, Prime Time, CBS, NBC, Gossip, Rumors,

Rob Lowe, Parks and Recreation

Keep him on NBC, whatever it takes! The executive producer of Amy Poehler-powered Parks and Recreation has stepped forward to refute Internet rumor that Rob Lowe will take over for the recently-fired Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men.

And thank goodness. Lowe’s hilarious Parks character has made the show better than ever in season 3. Producer Michael Schur says there is “no truth” to the rumors whatsoever that Lowe will move from NBC over to CBS.

We hear they’re getting sued, anyway, so maybe it’s best to stay off the Warner Bros. lot for now.

Read More | CNN

Advertisement