The Evade3rs dev team has just released the first untethered jailbreak for the latest release of iOS, including devices that house an A6 or A6X processor. This means that owners of the iPhone 5, the iPad mini, and the 4th generation iPad can get in on the untethered jailbreak game. This means that you no longer need to connect to a computer each time you need to restart your device in order to maintain your jailbreak. That is good news!
iPhone 3GS users are set to be on the receiving end of a little more love with the release of iOS 6 later this fall. How so? Well, the latest iOS 6 beta 3 that was released yesterday includes both Shared Photo Streams and the new VIP Email feature. That means that 3GS owners will get pretty much all of the new major iOS 6 features, with the exception of FaceTime over Cellular (no front camera,) Offline Reading Lists, 3D Maps, and Siri, which is relegated only to the iPhone 4S and new third-generation iPad. Not too shabby for a smartphone that was released three years ago.
Read More | MacRumors
Today Twitter for iPhone 4.3 was released on the App Store, a major update to the official Twitter client that brings with it the ability to view enhanced and expended tweets right in the app. Here's a rundown of the features:
- Expanded Tweets -- when you view Tweet details containing links to partner websites, you can now see content previews, view images, play videos, and more (rolling out gradually)
- Enhanced experience around selected events with the bets Tweets and photos from those involved
- Push notifications for Tweets -- choose to receive notifications from people you follow any time they tweet or retweet
- Ambient notifications -- enables you to see brief non-interruptive notifications in the status bar while you're using the app
- Improvements to search autocomplete for users
- Discover -- now indicates when new stories are available for you to view
- Tappable avatars take you directly to user profiles
- Performance improvements
- Support for password entry in app when experiencing authentication issues
- Support for the Hungarian language
- Icon (image at right) features the new Twitter bird!
You can download the new Twitter for iPhone and iPad now, completely free.
Foursquare has released a major revision and revamp of its iOS and Android apps, introducing a brand new user interface. Foursquare 5.0 aims to make it easier to find places to go and activities to do, as it now takes into account the time of day, the local weather, and your location before recommending something to do. It also now incorporates a Like button on venues, which it will then use to find more places that it thinks you'll like when you are using the Explore function. You can grab Foursquare 5.0 now from the App Store and Google Play.
The Chronic Dev Team has just released the first untethered jailbreak for the latest iOS devices that house an A5 or A5X processor. This means that owners of the iPhone 4S, the new iPad (2012), and the iPad 2 can get in on the untethered jailbreak game. This means that you no longer need to connect to a computer each time you need to restart your device in order to maintain your jailbreak. That is good news!
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.