So, turning one year and all has made us that much wiser, and that much stronger - but of course, that is a lie. In order to bring better coverage to the masses, Gear Live is looking for a couple of bloggers who may be interested in joining our editorial team. If you have a passion for technology and writing using correct English spelling and grammar, we want to hear from you. Simply express your interest, along with a couple of writing samples, to me a line at andru [at] gearlive.com.
That’s right ladies and germs - Gear Live has now been ruining the minds of people everywhere for one full year. Looking back, it has gone by amazingly fast and has grown in readership just as quickly. Here are a few fun facts:
- Our first article article was an interview with Scott Jordan, CEO and Founder of SCOTTeVEST.
- Gear Live started as a hobby site that I did in my spare time, and over the last year, morphed into my full-time job.
- We had 5653 unique visitors in our first month. Last month, we had over 350,000.
- There was a time when the message boards received more traffic than the blog.
- We started the site on MovableType, and switch to Expression Engine after about six months due to its immense flexibility.
- We have posted 1176 articles, received 4582 comments and 92 trackbacks, and have gotten 1372 members in the last year.
- If you weren’t around back then, here is a peek at what Gear Live used to look like.
- A couple of months ago, Playfeed was born.
These are some of our most popular articles:
- Why Apple Makes A One Buttoned Mouse
- Total Immersion’s D’Fusion Technology
- Why Sony’s PSP Will Suck
- The Top Ten Things You Need To Know About Sony’s PSP
- SLEEPTRACKER Watch Review
- Mod Your Xbox Without A Mod Chip
- HOW TO: Back Up and Upgrade The Mac mini Hard Drive
- Legal Concert Downloads: A Look At The Tech
- Samsung SCH-a670 Review
What about gifts? Glad you asked. To celebrate, we have a bunch of stuff we will be giving away - starting with a SCOTTeVEST TEC T-Shirt, which isn’t even available to the public yet. To win, simply tell us what your favorite Gear Live article has been from the past year in our comments section. Remember, as far as the U.S. goes, you have to be in it to win it - and a winner will be selected randomly.
So, we have been pondering either adding a link to each entry which would lead to the Technorati cosmos for that post, or adding a Technorati cosmos section within the permalinks themselves. Today we decided to go with the link on each entry, which we have to endearingly named the TechnoratiBack. Of course, some of our favorite sites have just added similar functionality to their blogs as well. For now, two things are certain - Technorati rocks, and trackbacks will remain while we test everything out.
Read More | Gear Live Technorati Cosmos
In case you missed it, Playfeed is giving away an Xbox 360 Limited Edition customized faceplate. This one is from E3, and has the multiple green circle effect along with the text “E3’05 Limited Edition” emblazoned on the front. Yup - you can score a faceplate a full six months before the console debuts.
Read More | Playfeed Xbox 360 Faceplate Giveaway
The best part of E3 is the games, right? Of course. While at the event, we took images of all the important aspects of the show. If you missed it, be sure to take a look at Gear Live’s E3 2005 Moblog.
Read More | Gear Live Gallery
Yes, E3 rocked. We still have a bunch more content that we need to get up from the show. To give you a bit of a preview, check out all the free swag we scored while at the show. We will be giving most of this stuff away. Click on the image above to get a better look at it all. We have the definitive list after the jump.
Alright guys, we are excited to be at E3 this year, and we plan to make the best of it by hooking you up with a bunch of content straight from the show floor. If you want to know what is happening at E3, be sure to keep Gear Live bookmarked. Here are some of the features you can expect from us over the next few days:
- Live E3 Moblog: Our editors will have their camera phones snapping images of the coolest sights at the show. Games, cool booths, hot booth babes…all updated in real time. Wanna check it out? The moblog can be seen here.
- On location video coverage of the event. We will even optimize it so that you can download it straight to your PSP or mobile video device.
- Podcast interviews with tons of influential people in the industry, including a couple of surprises. Be sure to subscribe to the Gear Live Podcast feed. We will be putting up a lot of exclusive audio content over the next few days.
- Coverage of the big three press briefings, along with interviews with Microsoft executives and an exclusive look at the Xbox 360 games.
- A phone number will be posted which you can use to give us a call to tell us what you would like to see covered.
- A lot more that we don’t want to give away just yet!
Seriously, we are stoked to be at E3 this year. We plan to bring you all a nice representation of the whole E3 experience.
Global Gadget Magazine I4U, Gear Live, and Playfeed Announce Exclusive E3 Podcast And Video Coverage
I4U Future Technology News, the Premier digital gadget online news publication, is set to bring E3 coverage to a whole new level. Journalists will be on hand to bring unfiltered reports to readers, listeners and video viewers worldwide.
“This years E3 is going to be special, even for non-hardcore gamers,” states Luigi Lugmayr, CEO of I4U LLC. “The new consoles will also change home entertainment in the near future.”
Our team will produce Podcast and video news reports optimized for multimedia devices such as the iPod, Playstation Portable, and Smart Phones from both the big pre-show press conferences and after show events. Microsoft’s Xbox 360, Sony’s PS3 and Nintendo’s Revolution will all make their debuts this year, and I4U will be there to bring you the latest coverage from the show room floor. Look for interviews with the top names in gaming, new console updates, hottest holiday titles and everything else that matters. Playstation Portable owners can look forward to video coverage downloads formatted exclusively for their console.
That’s right, y’all. The 2005 Electronic Entertainment Expo is right around the corner, and this one is going to be huge. The Xbox 360 will be there in full effect, and we will be there when Microsoft presents the console to the press. Nintendo will finally let the Revolution out of the bag, unless they choose to not show it for fear that competitors will steal their ideas. They will also be bringing Link and Zelda to the party. Last, but not least, Sony is set to show their PlayStation 3, powered by the almighty Cell processor. These are the obvious E3 attractions, but there will be many more things happening during those three days. We want to know what you guys want to see us cover while we are down at the big show. Game developers will be there in full force. Anything you are interested in seeing us cover? Let us know, and we will do our best to oblige. Keep an eye on PlayFeed to get all the up to date gaming news leading to the big event.
Alright guys, time for another Gear Live Giveaway. This time we have an iRiver H320 digital audio player for one of you. If you want it, simply tell us what - if anything - you would like to see on our new gaming site, Playfeed. If you have an idea about some features you would like to see on the site, let us know and you will be eligible to win the H320. A big thank you to Handheldsfree.com for sponsoring this giveaway. You can score a PalmOne Tungsten T5 from their site, which you can visit here. We are gonna give you two weeks for this one, but only if you are a United States resident. If not, no contest for you.
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.