Monday December 20, 2010 9:04 pm
XIM3 brings precise mouse and keyboard control to Xbox 360
PC gamers have always had a leg up on us console shooters as far as precision goes. There's no match for a mouse and keyboard, even though the Xbox 360 controller managaes to get the job done quite well. Previous mouse/keyboard translators failed to mimic the true PC control feel through console because of the unique levels of "aim-assist" that console shooters incorporated. However, the Xbox Input Machine (XIM3) boasts what they call "Smart Translator" technology that manages to override the console aim schemes and reproduce true precision aiming just like true PC shooters. XIM3 includes a touch-screen display that is much more sophisticated than previous models, and can also connect with any Xbox 360 controller. Hopefully this will mean that the XIM3 is both easier to configure and cheaper than past XIMs.
XIM3 is configured to run with such popular FPS console shooters as Halo: Reach and Call of Duty: Black Ops. Check out the video of how it works on Halo: Reach below.
- Game on your Xbox 360 using your favorite PC gaming-grade hardware
- Mice, Keyboards, Joysticks, and Gameboard compatibility
- Unsurpassed in-game feel thanks to advanced Smart Translator technology
- Simple configuration through an on-board full-color LCD screen
- Firmware upgradable
- Active community forum
Read More | XIM3
- Related Tags:
- accessories, controllers, xbox 360, xbox 360 keyboard, xbox 360 mouse, xbox input machine, xim, xim3