Tuesday June 6, 2006 12:13 am
Xbox 360 Spring Update Available Tomorrow
For those who have been waiting, checking message boards, and resetting your Xbox 360 consoles for the hope of an update, tomorrow your wait will be over. Starting on June 6, 2006, Xbox 360 owners will be able to download the first major dashboard update for the console since it’s launch. The Xbox 360 Spring Update will offer a multitude of enhancements, upgrades, and features. Here is a rundown:
Xbox Live Marketplace Enhancements
- New background download manager gives gamers the ability to queue up and download six high definition items at a time including playable game demos, Xbox Live Arcade games, music videos and movie trailers while actively playing games or browsing the dashboard. As an added benefit, if gamers engage in multiplayer gameplay while downloads are in process, the new background download manager will automatically pause the download queue until the multiplayer session is complete ensuring a continuously optimal gameplay experience.
- Updated Xbox Live Marketplace menus makes it easier for players to find and store all of their gaming and entertainment content. This includes the addition of new menus for media and entertainment content as well as enhanced menus making it easier for gamers to find what’s new in each section as well as a quick view at all downloads by category.
- Full remote control features for Xbox Live Marketplace videos allow gamers to fast forward and rewind at various speeds (2X-16X) during all videos downloaded from Marketplace.
Music Player Improvements
- Custom background music now continues to play without interruption during game loads and when transitioning from game to game or disc content.
- During music play, the music playback screen now showcase the artist, song title and time remaining on the song along with a visualizer showing which song on the playlist or album is currently playing.
DVD Movie Playback Upgrades
- DVD movie bookmarking now allows gamers to pause a movie at any point, put in a game for gameplay and return to the movie at the exact point it left off.
- Improved DVD movie playback for a smoother, higher quality viewing experience, including additional VGA support.
- Related Tags:
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.