Monday October 1, 2012 8:13 am
Verizon fixes iPhone 5 glitch that consumed data while connected to Wi-Fi
It appears that iPhone 5 users on the Verizon network were using up their allotted data while connected to Wi-Fi networks. Fortunately, there is a carrier setting update that resolves this issue. As such, this is a highly recommended update for all users on Big Red, even those on unlimited data plans and, of course, those who are on the tiered or shared data plans. It appears that no other carrier is affected by this but, just in case, keep a close watch on your data usage for any funny business.
This carrier settings update resolves an issue in which, under certain circumstances, iPhone 5 may use Verizon cellular data while the phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network. Follow these instructions to install the update:
- Tap Settings > General > About.
- Wait for the alert pictured above to appear
- Tap OK to install the update.
- Hold the Sleep/Wake button down until you see "slide to power off".
- Slide to power off.
- After the device powers off, hold the Sleep/Wake button to turn your phone back on.
Note: To finish the installation of the update, your iPhone 5 must be turned off and then on again.
After your iPhone restarts, tap Settings > General > About, then scroll down to Carrier and verify that "Verizon 13.1" is displayed.
Be sure to check out Gear Live's iPhone 5 review.
Read More | Apple Support
- Related Tags:
- apple, apple iphone 5, bug, carrier update, cellular data, glitch, ios, ios 6, iphone, iphone 5, mobile data, ota, ota update, update, verizon, verizon wireless