- STICKY POST
- I'm done, close this
Enter Our Ultimate Summer Tech Giveaway!
That’s right - we are giving away a Summer Tech Package that includes a high-tech Fuego Element grill, Monster Superstar Backfloat waterproof speaker, and a mobile charging bank from iFrogz! Head on over to our giveaway page in order to enter. Good luck!
Friday July 26, 2013 3:26 pm
Back the Ubuntu Edge dual-booting Linux-Android smartphone on IndieGogo
Dubbed Ubuntu Edge, the phone will be able to boot into PC mode when docked, with a monitor featuring the full-fledged Ubuntu desktop OS. 128GB of onboard storage is also in the mix, something that the next iPhone is also purported to have. Other key specs include a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal glass 720p display, instead of the Corning Gorilla Glass used in many smartphones today. Early backers can now opt for the day-one price of $600 and then, after initial sale goes public, the price will jump to $830 when the devices launches in May 2014. Here's the full run down of the Ubuntu Edge specs and a video preview:
Current Ubuntu Edge Specifications:
- Dual-boot Ubuntu Edge into either Ubuntu or Android, and convert into a fully integrated Ubuntu desktop PC
- Fast and powerful device with quad-core CPU and at least 4GB RAM
- 128GB of storage for photos, music, content
- 4.5in 1,280 x 720 display with scratch-resistant Sapphire crystal glass, the hardest natural substance after diamond
- Camera made for low-light, fast response and close up pictures: 8mp rear camera, 2mp front
- Faster connection all over the world with dual-LTE, dual-band 802.11n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4, NFC
- Stereo speakers (Active Noise Cancellation)
- Connect to HDMI TVs and monitors easily with MHL connector, 3.5mm jack
Read More | Indiegogo
- Related Tags:
- android, canonical, crowdfunding, crowdsourcing, edge, indiegogo, linux, open source, ubuntu, ubuntu edge, videos, youtube
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.