Tuesday September 12, 2006 10:40 pm
TiVo Series 3 HD Digital Media Recorder Released
Tivo Inc. has announced the release of its TiVo Series 3 Digital Media Recorder. The new Tivo is HD compatible and multiple tuners enable the recording of two different shows simultaneously. Its built-in Ethernet jack and USB ports provide advanced connectivity and easy networking, giving it a simpler accessibility. The TiVo Series 3 is also a THX-certified device. “As more and more digital video recorders get connected to HDTVs, the demand for higher playback quality rises,” said Michael Rudd, chief of AV architecture at THX Ltd. “With THX certification, the integrity of HD content won’t be compromised.”
Other Product Features:
- Schedule from your workplace, on the road, or anywhere else you can access the Internet.
- WishList finds programs by actor, director, keyword or topic.
- Automatically record every episode, even if the network schedule changes.
- Season Pass Recording allows you to skip repeat episodes.
Later this year, TiVo will allow parents to create a pre-approved customized area with KidZone. Future software releases will enable advanced MPEG-4 based download features. The Series 3 will be available at retail stores within the next 60 days, and is already available online.
The bad part? Everyone wants to TiVo, but at an MSRP of $799.99 we’ll keep our old TiVos and VCRs around for another year. Especially when you consider that standard TiVo features like TiVoToGo and Multi-Room Viewing isn’t even available on the new Series 3 just yet. Still, we are sure that won’t stop the early-adopters out there.
- Related Tags:
- digital media recorder, dual tuner, ethernet, hd compatible, kidzone, mpeg-4, thx, tivo inc., vcr