- STICKY POST
- I'm done, close this
Check out our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide, win some awesome gadgets!
Our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide is in full swing - we are adding our recommendations daily, aimed at men, women, teens, families, techies, and more. If you need help figuring out what to get the people in your life, head on over to our Guide for some ideas. We’ll even be giving away some of the items featured this year!
Monday November 9, 2009 2:03 pm
Mac OS X 10.6.2 now available
Apple just released the second big update to Snow Leopard with Mac OS X 10.6.2. You can fire up Software Update right now to grab the good, which on my system looks to be about 500 MB in size. Here is a look at some of the fixes
- an issue that might cause your system to logout unexpectedly
- a graphics distortion in Safari Top Sites
- Spotlight search results not showing Exchange contacts
- a problem that prevented authenticating as an administrative user
- issues when using NTFS and WebDAV file servers
- the reliability of menu extras
- an issue with the 4-finger swipe gesture
- an issue that causes Mail to quit unexpectedly when setting up an Exchange server
- Address Book becoming unresponsive when editing
- a problem adding images to contacts in Address Book
- an issue that prevented opening files downloaded from the Internet
- Safari plug-in reliability
- general reliability improvements for iWork, iLife, Aperture, Final Cut Studio, MobileMe, and iDisk
- an issue that caused data to be deleted when using a guest account
There’s a lot there, and that’s without mention of the rumored killing of Intel Atom support in 10.6.2 as well. If you are running OS X on a Hackintosh, you may want to wait and see how this plays out. As for the rest of you, get to downloading!
- Related Tags:
- 10.6.2, atom, hackintosh, intel atom, mac, mac os x 10.6.2, os x, snow leopard, software, software update
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.