- STICKY POST
- I'm done, close this
Check out our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide, win some awesome gadgets!
Our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide is in full swing - we are adding our recommendations daily, aimed at men, women, teens, families, techies, and more. If you need help figuring out what to get the people in your life, head on over to our Guide for some ideas. We’ll even be giving away some of the items featured this year!
Monday September 15, 2008 1:31 pm
Mac OS X 10.5.5 released
Time to fire up Software Update yet again, as Apple has just pushed out the latest update to Leopard, 10.5.5. There’s a lot here, but being the email warriors that we are, seeing all the Mail.app improvements makes us just a tad bit exited. We are also into the MobileMe fixes as well. Gotta love the cloud. In any event, hit the jump to get the full list of updates. If you don’t care, then you can just be assured by this nugget from Apple:
The 10.5.5 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac.
Yeah, didn’t do it for you either? Didn’t think so.
- Includes recent Apple security updates.
- Addresses stability issues with video playback, processor core idling, and remote disc sharing for MacBook Air.
- Addresses an issue in which some Macs could unexpectedly power on at the same time each day.
- Resolves a stability issue in TextEdit that could be found when accessing the color palette.
- Improves Spotlight indexing performance.
- Fixes an issue in which contacts might not sync properly with PalmOS-based devices.
- Improves iPhone sync reliability with iCal and Address Book.
- Includes improvements to Active Directory (see this article for more information).
- Improves Speech Dictionary.
- Fixes Kerberos authentication issues for Mac OS X 10.5 clients that connect to certain Samba servers, such as Mac OS X Server version 10.4.
- Includes extensive graphics enhancements.
- Addresses stability issues that may occur when creating a Smart Group.
- Resolves a printing issue with address cards containing information that spans more than one page.
Disk Utility and Directory Utility
- Improves reliability when rebuilding a software mirror RAID volume in Disk Utility.
- Improves reliability of server status displayed in Directory Utility.
- Updates iCal to more accurately handle repeating events.
- Improves performance when choosing meeting attendees.
- Resolves an issue in which the “Refresh All” option may be dimmed (“grayed out”) in the contextual menu for certain calendars.
- Fixes issues with read-only calendars.
- Addresses an issue that prevents an invitee from moving an event to a different calendar.
- Resolves an issue with syncing published calendars.
- Addresses performance issues related to displaying IMAP messages.
- Resolves an issue with SMTP settings for AIM, Compuserve, Hanmail, Yahoo!, and Time Warner Road Runner email accounts.
- Addresses stability issues that may occur when dragging a file to the Mail icon in the Dock.
- Addresses an issue with the “Organized by Thread” view in which the date does not appear when the thread is collapsed.
- Resolves an issue in which RSS feeds could temporarily disappear from the sidebar.
- Improves Mail robustness when sending messages.
- Improves reliability when saving drafts that have attachments.
- Improves overall sync reliability.
- Improves Back to My Mac reliability.
- Improves Time Machine reliability with Time Capsule.
- Addresses performance issues that may affect initial and in-progress backups.
- Fixes an issue in which an incorrect alert message could appear stating that a backup volume does not have enough free space.
- Time Machine can now back up iPhone backups that are on your Mac, as well as other items in (~/Library/Application Support).
Read More | Mac OS X 10.5.5 release notes
- Related Tags:
- 10.5.5, apple, back to my mac, leopard, mac, mobileme, operating systems, os x, sidefeatured, software, software update, time machine
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.