Tuesday May 12, 2009 1:42 pm
Mac OS X 10.5.7 now available
All you OS X users out there, it’s time once again to fire up Software Update if you are on Leopard, because Mac OS X 10.5.7 is now available for download. This update focuses on bug fixes, stability, and security, with changes to iCal, Mail, parental controls, printing, and more.
Word on the street is that this may be the last update for Leopard, as Snow Leopard is right around the corner, seeing seed updates about once every two weeks. We’ve got the full list of changes for 10.5.7 for you, after the jump.
- Includes latest security fixes.
- Includes additional RAW image support for several third-party cameras.
- Improves performance of video playback and cursor movements for recent Macs with NVIDIA graphics.
- Resolves an issue with Dvorak keyboard layout in Mac OS X 10.5.6.
- Improves the reliability and accuracy of Unit Converter, Stocks, Weather and Movies Dashboard widgets.
- Addresses a situation that may cause issues when logging into Gmail.
- Improves reliability when syncing contacts with Yahoo!.
- Expansion Slot Utility for Mac Pro now reports the correct PCIe slot configuration.
- Improves network performance when connected to certain Ethernet switches that have Flow Control enabled.
- Improves stability for network home directories hosted by Mac OS X Server v10.4.
- Improves Finder search results for network volumes that may not support Spotlight searching, such as Mac OS X Server v10.4, Time Capsule, and third-party AFP servers.
- Includes several improvements to Directory Service and Client Management, which are described in the About Mac OS X Server 10.5.7 Update article.
- Improves overall reliability with CalDav.
- Improves reliability when automatically syncing with MobileMe.
- Addresses reliability and sync issues with Notes.
- Addresses an issue that may cause the BCC field to populate incorrectly when redirecting a message from the Sent mailbox.
- Improves consistency with Parental Controls and application restrictions.
- Addresses an issue in which time limits may not work properly with full-screen games and Fast User Switching.
- Resolves an issue that may cause certain third-party printers to print to the incorrect paper tray.
- Non-admin user accounts can now be allowed to add and remove printers by enabling Parental Controls and selecting “Can administer printers”.
- Includes other printing reliability and stability improvements.
- Related Tags:
- 10.5.7, apple, ical, leopard, mac, mac os x, mac os x 10.5.7, mac printing, mail, mail.app, operating systems, os, os x, parental controls, printing, snow leopard, software update
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.